Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used 2015 R3 on April 30, 2017 with 400 miles. Previous owner already put on:
1. TST integrated rear light w/ flashing
2. TST flush front turn blinkers
3. License plate fender eliminate kit
See pictures.

Since then, I bought and received the following mods:
1. Full exhaust - Chinese knock offs for $190, it looks like arkropovic exhaust and yoshimura piping without chrome plating. Piping came in sections, you have to assemble it and put the springs on... It was a pain to put the springs on.
2. Power commander v
3. Graves block off plates
4. Yamaha OEM frame sliders
5. Some eBay rear spool
6. Some eBay fork sliders
7. Some eBay engine cover sliders

I'm installing parts now. Pictures will be on next post. I will also link the items.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well. I'm pretty much done, except for the factory frame sliders. One of the hanging bracket was defective but I have installed all the housing parts so when I get the outer bracket, I can install it without removing the fairing.

Over all, I didn't not have any extra bolts other than from parts that I removed from the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok got my factory frame sliders on. I went to the dealer yesterday and bought another set. Here are a few more pictures of the muffler. There is a silencer device in it. It can be removed.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Great find! Googling the name takes me to aliexpress and can be had for $150 shipped with 4 different color combos.
However... it sounds like a lawnmower in your video sound clip. Haha maybe it's the way you revved it

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Without the baffle, the pitch is lower and louder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the same fart can as you, debating to get the full system piping or not. How's the quality?
I don't have enough riding miles or duration to judge the quality. I only have 100 miles and 2 weeks since I installed it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few pictures of muffler with and without baffle. And pic of the wrap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was too loud without the baffle and silencer. I now have an intercom / Bluetooth helmet system so I need the bike to be a bit more quiter. I put the silencer and baffle back on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts