Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I know it's a lot to ask. But I'm a noob who never had a bike b4. I saw all you guys mods in r3 and I'm dying to know what do the do. Can someone explain to my what are slipon, Fender eliminator, signal mounts, single seat something etc'?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also I saw some guys put plastic thing on gas tank. Is it only for beauty or it actually do something?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
I'd entertain this and answer but I'm on my phone and it's not as easy to link pics and whatnot

There are threads here in every one of these things. Just use the Search tool and search for slip-on, fender eliminator, or any other thing.

Most of the treads have before and after pics to help you understand

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mod Dictionary 101

A 'slip on' or a 'can' is an aftermarket muffler. It's usually JUST the muffler but may also include a small section of exhaust piping. a 'full exhaust' is usually a slip on or can AND a new exhaust pipe all the way to the engine. Here's my R3 can on my R3..er...yeah.

[/URL][/IMG]

A 'fender eliminator' is a (for R3's) small plate that you can mount your signals, license plate, and license plat light to. It removes the large fender hanging below the rear seat. Here's mine with the ugly boat motor fender laying on the ground beside it. First mod I did...

[/URL][/IMG]

Signal post is just that...the post between the signal light and the body...

Single seat...well...probably the replacement cover for your rear seat...but it has no seat pad on it...it's just more blue plastic...

Bonus definition..."Sliders" are plastic or metal bits that you add to prevent damage in a slow-ish speed crash or slide....

[/URL][/IMG]

Class dismissed :nerd:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mod Dictionary 101

A 'slip on' or a 'can' is an aftermarket muffler. It's usually JUST the muffler but may also include a small section of exhaust piping. a 'full exhaust' is usually a slip on or can AND a new exhaust pipe all the way to the engine. Here's my R3 can on my R3..er...yeah.

[/URL][/IMG]

A 'fender eliminator' is a (for R3's) small plate that you can mount your signals, license plate, and license plat light to. It removes the large fender hanging below the rear seat. Here's mine with the ugly boat motor fender laying on the ground beside it. First mod I did...

[/URL][/IMG]

Signal post is just that...the post between the signal light and the body...

Single seat...well...probably the replacement cover for your rear seat...but it has no seat pad on it...it's just more blue plastic...

Bonus definition..."Sliders" are plastic or metal bits that you add to prevent damage in a slow-ish speed crash or slide....

[/URL][/IMG]

Class dismissed
Thank you so much

·
Registered
476 Posts
Go to our website and select one of the categories:
You can find alot pictures and the name of the part.
Not sure if we carry the plastic thing on the gastank?!? Does it move up & down???lol

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
The plastic thing on tank unless its something else entirely, usually are tank pads which provides grip for your knees. An important aspect of riding a bike is gripping the tank with your knees which allows you to not be so tense with your arms and or your upper body in general. You don't necessarily need tank pads but for some people it helps having them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts