Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking to get an R3 but the only one available is a second hand Rossi/moto gp replica edition.

Does anyone have any experience with this edition? Is it any different to the standard R3 or is it just different in looks?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
The one you are looking to buy puts down more HP, it seems to corner by itself, you'll be dragging knee without even trying, it does around 240 kph, and comes with race parts.

Just kidding. Did you mean the Movistar edition? Not sure if I have ever seen or heard of a Rossi edition. Is rhe "Rossi" and Movistar edition the same thing? Either way, I'm sure it's just different vinyl on the fairings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one you are looking to buy puts down more HP, it seems to corner by itself, you'll be dragging knee without even trying, it does around 240 kph, and comes with race parts.

Just kidding. Did you mean the Movistar edition? Not sure if I have ever seen or heard of a Rossi edition. Is rhe "Rossi" and Movistar edition the same thing? Either way, I'm sure it's just different vinyl on the fairings.
Lol, yep its the Movistar edition, it goes by so many names...

would the price of a new one in this version be different with the price of a standard new r3?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh another note is they all seem to come in ABS, which I thought it only with the new 2017 R3's

so far i've seen versions from 2015 all the way to 2017

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh another note is they all seem to come in ABS, which I thought it only with the new 2017 R3's

so far i've seen versions from 2015 all the way to 2017
My 2015 model has ABS, but of course i'm probably not in a region near you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Other than the graphics, this looks pretty standard to me ... usually see a colour-coded rear seat cowl where the pillion seat goes, an Akrapovic full system and a dark tinted sports windscreen which is where the extra cost is usually.

I would say this would be the same price as a standard R3 + an extra $100 for the logos

·
Registered
228 Posts
Standard bike with different decals...doesn't even look that nice IMO
Each to their own. As when you're sat on the back riding it you won't see it.

How does that saying go ... "You don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" innit :p

·
Registered
329 Posts
any updates on where the motogp style side fairings can be purchased?

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
They've got lots of options, it's a shame they don't have pics of the different fairings on a bike. Would be keen to hear if anyone buys from them.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Ya, unfortunately, you need to use your imagination to envision what the pieces would look like complete and on the bike. Seeing how the site seems to carry so many different options probably be a huge pain to take pics of a fully completed set on the bike. But than again more detail pics always can help with sales as a buyer can fully visualize what they are purchasing.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts