Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAMAHA MT03 HANDLEBARS, UPPER TRIPLE CLAMP, RISERS, AND CLUTCH CABLE (THESE PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN N. AMERICA). THE BARS ARE ABOUT 2 INCHES HIGHER AND 2 INCHES WIDER THAN STOCK.
I ENJOYED MY R3 MUCH MORE WITH THESE INSTALLED. LESS STRAIN ON MY BACK AND WRISTS, ESPECIALLY ON LONG RIDES. IT ALSO FELT LIKE I HAD MORE CONTROL.
I USED THIS SETUP FOR 2 SEASONS UNTIL I SOLD THE BIKE.
I HAD NO CLEARANCE ISSUES. THE BALL END OF THE BRAKE LEVER JUST TOUCHED THE MIRROR AT FULL STEERING LOCK.
I HAD A YAMAHA ACCESORY S.S. BRAKELINE THAT WAS JUST LONG ENOUGH, BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE LENGTH OF THE STOCK RUBBER LINE.

$100 USD or $130 CDN plus shipping.

If interested send me a P.M.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool mod. Any more pictures of it mounted on the bike? Makes it more akin to a mini FZ6/Ninja 650.
Sorry, no more pictures.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the upper triple bolt on without any issues?
No issues at all. After removing the clip-ons, I measured the height of the forks above the R3 top triple clamp. I never loosened the lower triple clamp bolts so as not to disturb the position/height of the forks. The fork height above the MT03 triple clamp was the same when installed and no adjustments were necessary.
The only fussy bit was removing the ignition switch because the bolt heads were "tamper proof". I just carefully drilled the heads off those bolts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
YAMAHA MT03 HANDLEBARS, UPPER TRIPLE CLAMP, RISERS, AND CLUTCH CABLE (THESE PARTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN N. AMERICA). THE BARS ARE ABOUT 2 INCHES HIGHER AND 2 INCHES WIDER THAN STOCK.
I ENJOYED MY R3 MUCH MORE WITH THESE INSTALLED. LESS STRAIN ON MY BACK AND WRISTS, ESPECIALLY ON LONG RIDES. IT ALSO FELT LIKE I HAD MORE CONTROL.
I HAD NO CLEARANCE ISSUES. THE BALL END OF THE BRAKE LEVER JUST TOUCHED THE MIRROR AT FULL STEERING LOCK.
I HAD A YAMAHA ACCESORY S.S. BRAKELINE THAT WAS JUST LONG ENOUGH, BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE LENGTH OF THE STOCK RUBBER LINE.

what would this cost approximately to reproduce ?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Are thies still available

·
Registered
426 Posts
FWIW I just added some ROX Risers 1 3/4" high on my MT-03 and the OEM MT-03 throttle, clutch cables and brake hydraulic hose were adequate in length to accomodate the increased height of the risers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts