Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welp, I done pulled the trigger on a 2016 Rapid Red R3. Greetings from the Lake Erie region. Been lurking for a little while so its finally time to join up :)

My bike was delivered last week with 2.8 miles on it and I didn't waste any time (or great weather) getting her broke in. This is my first bike, I was (and still am) a sports car guy. But man what a blast this thing is. Its really got a lot of character and attracts more attention that I expected for a little bike. People are genuinely interested in it. Walking up to me in parking lots, gas stations. "Hey, Is that a new R3? Nice."

Yup. :)

Bikes are huge up here in the Great Lakes region, and I've been missing out. Every year we have a "Roar on the Shore" event that attracts a parade of 5000 bikes along the shores of Lake Erie. Its almost a carnival atmosphere. Looking forward to participating this year.

Anyways glad to meet you all, seems like a great community here and very informative. Ride on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Hey - had a look at your garage and saw your bike... verrry nice. I haven't seen that color / graphics combo on an R3 before. Is that new for 2016 or is it all custom?

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Thanks!

Hey - had a look at your garage and saw your bike... verrry nice. I haven't seen that color / graphics combo on an R3 before. Is that new for 2016 or is it all custom?
2016 Matte Gray
They dropped the Raven Black from 2015 and brought in the Matte Gray
2016 also saw a change in the red option (has more black in it now) and the blue just got some updated decals.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Welp, I done pulled the trigger on a 2016 Rapid Red R3. Greetings from the Lake Erie region. Been lurking for a little while so its finally time to join up :)

My bike was delivered last week with 2.8 miles on it and I didn't waste any time (or great weather) getting her broke in. This is my first bike, I was (and still am) a sports car guy. But man what a blast this thing is. Its really got a lot of character and attracts more attention that I expected for a little bike. People are genuinely interested in it. Walking up to me in parking lots, gas stations. "Hey, Is that a new R3? Nice."

Bikes are huge up here in the Great Lakes region, and I've been missing out. Every year we have a "Roar on the Shore" event that attracts a parade of 5000 bikes along the shores of Lake Erie. Its almost a carnival atmosphere. Looking forward to participating this year.

Anyways glad to meet you all, seems like a great community here and very informative. Ride on!

Congrats and welcome! This forum has been a great source for information, sharing experiences and reviews about mods, gears, etc.

Ride safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the 2015 raven r3. Welcome to the forum.
Sorta jealous. I almost bought a used red 2015 with 600 miles on it.. but I procrastinated on it and someone else snagged it up. They changed the Rapid Red paint scheme for 2016 which isnt bad, but I liked yours better. lol

owell.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Welcome. What kind of sports car? I too am a sports car guy I have a M4 pushing almost 600hp to the wheel 512tq.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome. What kind of sports car? I too am a sports car guy I have a M4 pushing almost 600hp to the wheel 512tq.
Oh I'm into all kinds. American, Euro and Japanese.. Don't care much for muscle cars although I did own a foxbody mustang once. Others I've owned were Grand Prix GTPs (supercharged), and my favorite - the Subaru WRX STi. But I love bimmers too. Always had a soft spot for the M-class, they really are beautiful. Not sure I'd like to own one up here in the northeast though. The weather here is just not friendly to powerful RWD cars. AWD works best for us.

Sadly the WRX will probably be my last gas powered sports saloon - I'm into bikes and EVs now. I really want a Tesla.. mmm those things are delicious!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had a 89 notch back, one of my favorite cars Ive had and I also had a 2001 STI that was a fun car. Idk about the electric, can't get past the lack of sound but the i8 is sexy although it's a hybred not full electric. I live on Long Island and between the roads n weather you absolutely need a second vehicle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts