Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, newbie here from the Philippines. It's just been 3 weeks since I bought my R3, my first ever bike. Hope to learn a lot for this forum, and I must say this is a really helpful one.... keep it up!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wellllllllcome my happy friend. Enjoy riding the new bike and meeting people like us out there on the road! Cheers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and too the R3. I too am in the Philippines, and I have a bit of advice for you. But I need to know a few things first, mainly, are you a filipino or expat living here? I am an expat.

First, I know this is sort of instinctual in the Philippines, do NOT disable the lights turning on when you start your bike. This helps others see you, day or night, it is an important safety feature that should never be disabled.

Second, your mirrors actually matter, don't take them off. If you want to replace them, that is cool, just do the swap, don't take them off and wait to order new ones, of you may never put them on again.

Third. I know how the pressure must be killing you, but do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT change your tail lights to white and your headlights to red or blue, not only does it look dumb as ****, it is extremely dangerous.

Fouth. I know how important it is to be heard in the Philippines, and putting on that garbage fake exhaust for 2500 pesos, is very tempting. Don't do it. Either invest in a true exhaust system, which is designed specifically for the R3, and will not harm the engine, actually boosting the power while lowering the weight. Those clones from china, a horrible, and they may actually cause you to lose performance while damaging the engine, shortening the life of your bike. Don't be that guy.

Fifth. If you are going to make modifications, buy real parts, the other parts may look good, but depending on the purpose, they can actually make your bike unsafe to ride, and if they are critical parts, and they fail, it might just kill you. Nobody cares what your bike looks like and how cool it is, when you have wrapped it, and your head around a light post. They only care about your head, and how cool that looks online in pictures.

Best of luck to you, seriously, make wise decision always, especially when riding, your life depends on it. Don't turn on your high beams and leave them on permanently either, blinding others can get you killed just as easy as leaving them on so that you can see better. Be courteous to others, demand the same in return. When an idiot on a little scooter pooper gets to the line with you at a light, just giggle, even with a passenger on the back, you will still leave them in the dust. Not that I am saying race them, but here in the Philippines, it is always better to be in front of the morons with all those bad modifications and bald tires, being behind them is a dangerous place to be.

·
Registered
223 Posts
We like pics. ;)

Welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum, and too the R3. I too am in the Philippines, and I have a bit of advice for you. But I need to know a few things first, mainly, are you a filipino or expat living here? I am an expat.

First, I know this is sort of instinctual in the Philippines, do NOT disable the lights turning on when you start your bike. This helps others see you, day or night, it is an important safety feature that should never be disabled.

Second, your mirrors actually matter, don't take them off. If you want to replace them, that is cool, just do the swap, don't take them off and wait to order new ones, of you may never put them on again.

Third. I know how the pressure must be killing you, but do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT change your tail lights to white and your headlights to red or blue, not only does it look dumb as ****, it is extremely dangerous.

Fouth. I know how important it is to be heard in the Philippines, and putting on that garbage fake exhaust for 2500 pesos, is very tempting. Don't do it. Either invest in a true exhaust system, which is designed specifically for the R3, and will not harm the engine, actually boosting the power while lowering the weight. Those clones from china, a horrible, and they may actually cause you to lose performance while damaging the engine, shortening the life of your bike. Don't be that guy.

Fifth. If you are going to make modifications, buy real parts, the other parts may look good, but depending on the purpose, they can actually make your bike unsafe to ride, and if they are critical parts, and they fail, it might just kill you. Nobody cares what your bike looks like and how cool it is, when you have wrapped it, and your head around a light post. They only care about your head, and how cool that looks online in pictures.

Best of luck to you, seriously, make wise decision always, especially when riding, your life depends on it. Don't turn on your high beams and leave them on permanently either, blinding others can get you killed just as easy as leaving them on so that you can see better. Be courteous to others, demand the same in return. When an idiot on a little scooter pooper gets to the line with you at a light, just giggle, even with a passenger on the back, you will still leave them in the dust. Not that I am saying race them, but here in the Philippines, it is always better to be in front of the morons with all those bad modifications and bald tires, being behind them is a dangerous place to be.
Good day! First of, thanks to everyone for your warm welcome. I will post photos of my r3 soon. @stalker6recon thank you for the tips, and concern... really appreciate it brother. I'm fil-am btw, and yeah I get the legit parts for my bike. Happen to drive a scooter everyday to work coz of the horrible traffic here in manila, and I'm pretty much aware of the a-holes out there. hahaha... thanks again big brother!

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
I prefer bright flashy colors, but Yamaha nailed that one. Looks sweet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts