Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
in terms of looks, the R3 looks better.

The R3 riding position is also not aggressive that it makes it tiring when riding it for long. Its surprisingly more upright than other bikes. However the MT-03 will be more relax. but if you want a "sportbike" look, the R3 is perfect enough, it has the looks and comfort.

·
Registered
140 Posts
MT03 has slightly more upright ergonomics, but the R3 is honestly the perfect middle ground. For me at least.

Dont forget that the R3 gives you fairings, vastly better headlights and in my opinion better mirrors.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I found the MT03's posture rather similar to R3, not very significantly more upright than the R3 at all, but i'm with R3 because i dislike MT03's mirror, front signals and no windshield

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had a days ride on the MT recently, it was fun to try it out.

My R3 riding position is much sportier than stock, but the MT felt like it was a fair bit more upright than stock R3. I could be wrong though, my R3 hasn't been stock for a good 15k miles. The upright position of the MT made my back ache after a few hours

The MT didn't feel like it had as much gust to it, but that could be a perceived thing, due to my mods on my R3 making it feel quicker.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Highway commuting? R3. City/traffic light commuting? I say MT03.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Still waiting for a chance to see the MT03 or FZ3, and ride it. May have to get the little honda 300f, but with the latest recall on the Honda, the Yamaha sounds like a safer buy.
Just need the bike for around town and maybe around the Sunshine State.

·
Registered
30 Posts
R3 is the better lane splitter by a mile; therefore, R3 wins for recreational riding and commuting. Being able to fold those mirrors in only adds insult to injury.

·
Registered
134 Posts
When I came to buy, looked at both. But the MT-03 sitting posture was tight against the family jewels, whereas the R3 sitting posture was not. Now I am 62 and ridden bikes all my life, but, the MT-03 was not comfortable for me.

If I were you, which I am not...... Would buy what suits you personally, it is not a popularity bike contest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the MT. It's pretty good but it basically the same as a R3 so pick whichever you like the look of.
I'm unsure on the MT tbh - some angles it looks good but not so keen on it from others. I think that goes for a lot of bikes though.

Here's mine on a spring rideout...

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the MT. It's pretty good but it basically the same as a R3 so pick whichever you like the look of.
I'm unsure on the MT tbh - some angles it looks good but not so keen on it from others. I think that goes for a lot of bikes though.

Here's mine on a spring rideout...
Looks nice from that angle....
But, is it only me or is there a "Ducati" look about the bike from this angle?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts