1. Full Akropovic System
  2. Block off plate
  3. Air box hose removed
  4. Emissions system removed
  5. Power Commander V
  6. Pirrelli Super Corsa tyres
  7. HID Kit Installed
  8. DNA Air Filter

I completed the Dyno and got 39.63 BHP at the rear.

Ill post the Dyno chart shortly..

>:D>:D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nice. That is my exact same setup. I have a full Akrapovic, PC5 & AutoTune, and Driven Block off plate. Still haven't upgraded the tires though-going to milk the quasi-controversial stock tires for a bit and then get some Diablo's or BattleAx's.

·
Registered
162 Posts
is the airbox hose mod worth it? would be nice to see each mod done and a dyno test done after. TO see if doing it does anything worth while.

·
Registered
162 Posts
well it is also Lighter.. so that helps and wont show in the Dyno as its only moving the rear wheel not the bike

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It's all about perspective. In my world, 6.2% improvement for any of my vehicles is a pretty big deal.
From my perspective, those gains wont even be felt. My rider weight is 155-160lbs and I definitely would not feel that. On a different bike I had I had a full system, saving 10lbs from the original 465lbs, had a PCV and the end product was roughly +4-5HP from 65HP. After all that, I couldnt detect the increase in power. What I did feel though was a much smoother running bike. The PCV does a great job if you know how to work with it. I am surprised there isnt a map thread for the bike yet, seeing a few people have started installing PCVs.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Before installing my PCV with exhaust/Yamaha air filter my bike wasn't running too well. Turned my auto tune on and my bike is smoother than I'm used to. It's almost where I can't tell if there's any power gains. I worked with the arrow map on the DJ site as my baseline. I'll try to throw my map on once I pull it off my bike. Haven't tuned before that's why I just went right to the auto tune.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea Rosco I have shed a lot of weight of the bike and it is a good point, Dyno does not show the weight difference, also the tyres play a big part as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Endo there is no way the R3 has 37HP stock at the rear wheel, I believe the Hp rating is at the crank I would say its more like 33/34 Hp at the rear wheel.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys all in all is it worth doing the Mods, well if you have money to blow go for it... I am buying the MT10 in 11months as soon as I finish up on my restricted license but I will keep my R3 as well.

It does make the ride much better and for 12months of enjoyment I am happy with the spend...

·
Registered
25 Posts
We don't know the stock baseline power of the bike on that dyno. Some dynos show the stock R3 at 35hp.
True, and furthermore not all bikes from the same assembly line make the same amount of power either. I doubt ANY two bikes off the same line will make put up identical numbers. In the end, if the owner of the bike is happy with his/her results, then that is money VERY well spent.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts