1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
120 Posts
You may find that the bike will run horribly, as it will likely be too lean without some form of backpressure.

Even with a Yoshi full exhaust, I had to get an ECU to map a richer fuel curve to have the bike ride at its full potential.

You'll have to join us on the next NorCal R3 ride. No blue one yet in the group!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You may find that the bike will run horribly, as it will likely be too lean without some form of backpressure.

Even with a Yoshi full exhaust, I had to get an ECU to map a richer fuel curve to have the bike ride at its full potential.

You'll have to join us on the next NorCal R3 ride. No blue one yet in the group!
It's actually running just fine it seems! The general opinion among the people who've also removed the stock muffler is that all the back pressure is being provided by the cat and the pipe maze in the stock exhaust box, which was left on the bike.

Of course I haven't dynoed it so I don't know for sure, but the butt dyno couldn't detect any difference during the 60ish miles I put on it yesterday.

Anyways, I'd love to come out on a group ride! though I confess it would be my first one. :v

Hopefully the ride is on a Sunday or Monday though, as those are the days I have off. X3

Also, I actually *just* joined the group on FB a few minutes ago. Or, well, I submitted a request to join anyway. XD

And no Blue in the group yet? That's actually really surprising, I've seen five or so other R3s around the bay so far, 3 of them were blue. Hopefully they'll hear about the group and join up!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here is a after photo of my finished product of a full exhaust with R6 throttle tube Graves block off plate and Dyno-Jet PCV. New Bridgestone S20 Evo's in the stock size. Yoshimura R77 is ten pounds lighter then stock pipe+ cat set up. Its also a larger pipe then stock pipes.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Did them same thing to my bike last week. Tempore solution to the bike being so quiet. Saving for a full system.

No affect to running, sounds a lot better and pops nicely, too!

·
Registered
7 Posts
i removed my CAT from my R3 2 weeks back didnt liked the sound so with the help of a local mechanic i welled it back.ll i have to go through the ECU process.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts