Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, everyone! So I've finally purchased my R3! regarding transportation of this bike,what are the best places and ways to tie it down? If possible a speedy response would be appreciated as I'm picking the bike up this Friday, March 25!

·
Registered
542 Posts
I've always done two straps up front, one around each handlebar/upper triple and one wrapped around the rear wheel just to keep the back in check. Try to get it vertical and off the kickstand. The easiest way to do this if you are alone is to leave on the kickstand in the pickup/trailer, get the straps on the bike loosely, and then crank down on the right side until the bike stands up.

This was just a cross town trip so I didn't go crazy, but this is a good start

·
Registered
542 Posts
slightly different angle shown here. You can see where I've wrapped around the handlebars, should work well on the r3 also depending on the straps you are using

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
canyon dancers and a front wheel chock of some sort, homemade or store bought is all you need. a strap to stabilize the rear isn't necessary IMO if you have the front wheel chocked. A more permanent and MUCH better solution is the STStands by Moto-D. That's what I use now. It doesn't require any straps, ties the bike secure, and allows the bike to float on it's own suspension to protect it. Tying a bike down with straps compresses the suspension and I've seen large bumps blow fork seals.

Cheers,
Jesse

Follow my build and racing at YamahaR3Racing.com
The most complete resource for information and race parts for the Yamaha R3.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts