Yamaha R3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts
As for legalities, anyone calling another rider a retard for doing something illegal, but then installing an aftermarket exhaust is kinda funny. The exhausts usually have a stamp, or are sold with the disclaimer for off-road use only.
One does have more serious consequences than the other! My loud pipe may save my life one day, but won't cause an accident with the minivan on the road that pulled out of nowhere like cruising at 118 mph on a public road may cause.

Any whoodle,

I'm done being Debbie Downer, heh

One does have more serious consequences than the other! My loud pipe may save my life one day, but won't cause an accident with the minivan on the road that pulled out of nowhere like cruising at 118 mph on a public road may cause.

Any whoodle,

I'm done being Debbie Downer, heh

Rider skill and spidey sense awareness at 118mph is far safer than relying on a loud pipe sitting in a cars blind spot.

I gotta open it up one day without my tail pack on. I can't see it's hurting the aerodynamics that much, it's teardrop shaped and tucks in behind me, so if anything it ought to help. I'm not seeing near what you guys are.

Some say they are struggling? I cant fathom this.
Look at my stock R3 which has only been run in hard, oil changed and tsaken to the track at 400km on the odo.
Only mod is a non Oring race chain-

Look at the rapid rise in speed from T6 (Split #5 , 1400metres, to the braking zone at 2000metres) that's real GPS 10hz datalogger speed,
You can see where Ive changed into 6th at about the 1700 metre mark @150kph

There was slightly higher laps with 176kph, but these are the two best laps,
speedo showed 187 when I dared to look a couple times in the day.
It's not even tapering off,
I have to brake HARD for the final turn,
(Track map up top, Clockwise track, 2400m long, 72 second laps, green pointer is at peak speed on the back straight which is a steep uphill for the first 200m.)

I dont know whats in my R3 or if this baby was feeling good or something. But I hit 135 MPH yesterday. Maybe is had to do with the 60 degree sunny day and she was feeling good. But i looked down at my speedomoter and was like no f'in way is this baby hitting 135 and top speed is suppose to be 119. I was in 6th gear at 7k rpm before i had to slow because of stand still traffic.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.