Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have trying to find how to remove top triple clamp on the 2019+ R3 models. I guess I am missing hidden bolts?
There’s only information for the 2015-18 models but nothing else.
Any info helps. Thanks y’all.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top i see, sorry. Should be pretty straight forward. Maybe use some elbow grease to prop it off?

Did you watch this video?
After using some elbow grease it popped right off. Now i’m struggling to put it back. I’m not too sure but it seems to not aline with the fork holes and center bolt.Does it need to be put on a special way ?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After using some elbow grease it popped right off. Now i’m struggling to put it back. I’m not too sure but it seems to not aline with the fork holes and center bolt.Does it need to be out in a special way ?
You need a front triple stand or to have weight off the front wheels to work on the triple tree.
Thank you ! As you can probably tell Im new to the motorcycle world so i’m still learning. I appreciate the feedback.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you trying to do it with the weight of the bike on the front wheel? If so, the lower triple clamp is probably deflecting a bit due to not having the upper triple clamp in place.
Are you trying to do it with the weight of the bike on the front wheel? If so, the lower triple clamp is probably deflecting a bit due to not having the upper triple clamp in place.
Yes I was… That makes a lot more sense now. I knew I was doing something wrong and now I know what. Thank you !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts