Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here, I picked up a salvage title R3 last fall. Mostly cosmetic damage and bent front forks/axle. Spent the entire winter transforming it into a track bike and did about 6 tracks days with it and fell in love it. People under estimate the amount fun this bike is and the insane corner speed you can carry with it. Of course its a sitting duck on the straights, but i've caught plenty of bigger bikes (600cc even 1000cc) in the corners. If you go to a technical track with lots of turns and short straights this bike is king, as long as it is set up correctly. This takes some cash to shed weight, fix ergonomics and most importantly upgrade the suspension, but it is totally worth it! I got a lot of weird looks when I told my friends im building an R3 race bike, but after they saw it on the track its not a joke to them anymore as i pass them in the corners :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking good out there!

On the race track the little bikes are more fun for every $ spent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hahaha... I envy you.. I know nothing about dragging knees or elbows, I can only dream about it, no budget for track. But this is awesome.. you look like a lion pouncing on that ZX6R prey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts