Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've managed to put about 9300 miles on my R3 and my dad trusted me enough to let me ride his 2014 ducati multistrada 1200. After him seeing my wheelie control/cornering/ and overall confidence in my bike riding he wanted to see me on a big boy bike. Jesus christ i need to sell my bike was my initial response after riding the ducati. The dual brembo front/rear, the ohlins front/rear suspension, the whopping 150 horsepower made me feel like i was driving a rolls royce. And then i go back to my bike and i cant even figure out how to manage (joking). But going from a bike that screams to keep up to a bike that goes 40...46..50..55...62..70. The numbers on the dash literally jump like its outpacing the speedometer..>:D. In the end i still feel comfortable going back to my bike, and driving the big boy bike is not everything i thought it would be. Sure ive got power all the time but you cant ride it the same way you ride a 300cc. And it will never be what the R3 was meant to be, which is why im still keeping it :) After riding the 1200 theres one thing for certain..screw a 600 im getting atleast a 750cc mmmm 0% apr suzuki 750 :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
1,330 Posts
You need both -- an easy fun R3 daily bike, and a hooligan machine! That Triumph 765 needs to hurry up and get here ...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Really no contest between the two. It's like a Honda S2000 vs a Ferrari Laferrari. The same comparison goes for the maintenance fees.

You're in a perfect situation paying for that R3, while still having that Italian dream machine around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts