Yamaha R3 Forums banner

R3 weight

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sbk1198 
#1 ·
Has anyone put their bike on a scale?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I weighed mine in at 325 lbs with all fluids but gas tank only had about half gallon of gas roughly. It is a race bike though, not street legal. A friend of mine who I race with that also has an R3 got his down to 288 lbs supposedly. He went a little crazy though on the weight savings, whereas I didn't do anything fancy, just took off the typical stuff most people take off.

#8 ·
Nah, moto 3 bikes are way lighter than that even!

No he doesn't have a how-to, but I know most of what he did. Big chunk came from putting Marchesini wheels on, but that's $2000 that I can't afford to spend now. He did chop a few more things off the bike that I didn't, but overall the idea is simple...."if it's not absolutely needed, than it's going off".

Reactions: bbsteinnewyork
#10 ·
Got any pictures?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I can probably find some on the book of faces, but aside from the shiny gold wheels, you won't see anything different from any other R3's that weigh more. Fairings cover a great deal of the secrets ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.