Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

The dealer threw in a Yoshimura Y-Series stainless steel slip on with the purchase of my new bike for free.

I'm trying to remove the exhaust baffle, I've got the security screw out, but it just doesn't want to budge! I see a gap at the bottom but the top is touching the exit of the exhaust.

Just was curious if anyone's had seen this version of slip on baffle welded? ..or maybe I'm missing a step? Taking off the canister and banging it out with a rod or broom stick? LOL :ROFLMAO:

Don't mind leaving it in, haven't done much other than the screw removal and a good 'ol finger tug! Just wanted a bit more tone out of it.

Thanks and Ride Safe everyone!

Rubber down, Shiny side up!

·
Super Moderator
906 Posts
The link I have is Yoshimura's website. It should help explain what needs to be done. See the 'insert removal' how-to video bottom right below the photo of the insert.. It may not be you model slip-on, but I believe you'll find it works. Good Luck.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The link I have is Yoshimura's website. It should help explain what needs to be done. See the 'insert removal' how-to video bottom right below the photo of the insert.. It may not be you model slip-on, but I believe you'll find it works. Good Luck.
That's some good information pal, thanks! Very helpful!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright everyone! Update!

I got it out! ?

I used this method...

It wasn't welded it. It was just snug as f*ck! I stuck my mallet handle in and worked it out while it was on it the bike. Shoved the handle it, the baffle had a slight bend as @airhead83 information said; wedged the handle and went to work!

So don't hesitate to use that muscle guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts