Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, very new, but I'm planning on getting an r3 for a commuter, but that's only because the r6 is too big for my interest. In terms of aesthetics though, the r6 is superior in my opinion.

I've been searching for a couple hours honestly and nobody's seemed to ask this question or attempted it, but I'm wondering if anybody has or knows how to swap the stock fairings and headlights with the respective r6 parts.

I haven't seen them stripped side by side, but the frame seems to be pretty similar. I've got a feeling that it's not a very simple conversion though, not that I mind.

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
324 Posts
Hey, very new, but I'm planning on getting an r3 for a commuter, but that's only because the r6 is too big for my interest. In terms of aesthetics though, the r6 is superior in my opinion.

I've been searching for a couple hours honestly and nobody's seemed to ask this question or attempted it, but I'm wondering if anybody has or knows how to swap the stock fairings and headlights with the respective r6 parts.

I haven't seen them stripped side by side, but the frame seems to be pretty similar. I've got a feeling that it's not a very simple conversion though, not that I mind.
Nothing is similar between the two. It would cost $$$ and be very labor intensive to change to the R6 headlights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts