Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, very new, but I'm planning on getting an r3 for a commuter, but that's only because the r6 is too big for my interest. In terms of aesthetics though, the r6 is superior in my opinion.

Nobody's seemed to ask this question or attempted it, but I'm wondering if anybody has or knows how to swap the stock fairings and headlights with the respective r6 parts.

I've got a feeling that it's not a very simple conversion, not that I mind, I'm just looking for a parts list at the very least.

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
324 Posts
Hey, very new, but I'm planning on getting an r3 for a commuter, but that's only because the r6 is too big for my interest. In terms of aesthetics though, the r6 is superior in my opinion.

Nobody's seemed to ask this question or attempted it, but I'm wondering if anybody has or knows how to swap the stock fairings and headlights with the respective r6 parts.

I've got a feeling that it's not a very simple conversion, not that I mind, I'm just looking for a parts list at the very least.
Did you make a new thread of the same topic?

As for parts, check out any dealer website and compare the parts list. You'll need to know how to weld, be able to fabricate brackets and other assorted items, and be highly mechanically inclined. As an experienced professional mechanic having worked at MotoAmerica, I would not do this job. The time, skill, and money required is extremely high for the low reward of looking like an R6. To put it in perspective, it would likely be both cheaper and easier to sell the R3 and buy a used R6.

· Registered
2 Posts

If you're looking for r6 fairings for a r3 and don't mind spending more than what may be considered reasonable to import them as i did, R-MOD in indonesia makes full R6/R1 fairing sets for the r3
You can find them on instagram with the handle @radhit_modifikasi or their website r-mod.com,

I should clarify i do not have the r6 fairings but instead the r1 undercowling.

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
324 Posts
If you're looking for r6 fairings for a r3 and don't mind spending more than what may be considered reasonable to import them as i did, R-MOD in indonesia makes full R6/R1 fairing sets for the r3
You can find them on instagram with the handle @radhit_modifikasi or their website r-mod.com,

I should clarify i do not have the r6 fairings but instead the r1 undercowling.
That's interesting. Based on the conversion rate, it looks like it's only like $36 USD, so I wonder what shipping/importing costs are.

· Registered
2 Posts
That's interesting. Based on the conversion rate, it looks like it's only like $36 USD, so I wonder what shipping/importing costs are.
Oh no, its IDR, I paid like 500 after shipping for a carbon undercowling, i think when i priced the full r6/1 bodywork it was $1000+

You will have to message Rony Gunawan on his whatsapp to order/get pricing info however as ninjabrap said its going to make no sense financially to do this, shipping to canada for just a few pieces was around $200CAD

All up to you, though if you do get them make sure to post some pictures for us.

· Super Moderator
2016 Yamaha YZF-R3
324 Posts
Oh no, its IDR, I paid like 500 after shipping for a carbon undercowling, i think when i priced the full r6/1 bodywork it was $1000+

You will have to message Rony Gunawan on his whatsapp to order/get pricing info however as ninjabrap said its going to make no sense financially to do this, shipping to canada for just a few pieces was around $200CAD

All up to you, though if you do get them make sure to post some pictures for us.
My bad, full set shows as full set is 8,000,000 IDR, which comes out to $533.36 USD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts