Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just confirmed...turns out the R6 aftermarket gas caps will fit the R3. I just tried it with a Vortex V3 one and it fits perfectly after you modify the stock gasket a bit. All it takes is a little bit of trimming that takes 30 seconds to do with a razor blade.

Reactions: Kojiiro

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you already have it on hand? Why would you choose r6 cap over r3? Just curious, not trying to be a smarty pants.
Had just a Vortex base from someone who lost their lid. Gave it to me to check fitment. The other reason is because Vortex didn't have a gas cap listed on their page for the R3, and since I'm sponsored by them I wanted to get a Vortex one. So now I just ordered a complete one from an R6, their older version, because it comes in blue :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Can you guys confirm if the factory gas caps on your R3s have a indentation/depression on one side of the keyhole? I noticed it after closing my cap to test my keys after my bike was delivered.

I didn't notice this feature on the main switch so I am wondering if maybe I bent something while unlocking the cap.

If it's supposed to be there, I'm wondering what purpose it serves?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts