Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Zeke and I attended the WERA West event this weekend at Buttonwillow to count as one of our necessary two WERA entries to qualify for the R3 Cup Championship this fall at Barber. The race itself was kind of a **** show lol, but the video is entertaining.
They started us behind and at the same time as the D group, which ended up being slower than us and it kinda effed up the whole race, but definitely worth taking a few minutes to watch, and read the full report here:
http://www.yamahar3racing.com/2016/05/race-report-wera-west-2016-round-3-buttonwillow-raceway-yamaha-r3/

We did gather valuable information and experience with the updated suspension setups and tire tests and I took a 3rd place which was good enough for some free money from Yamaha, so I can't complain too much. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
It drives me nuts to see you guys get stuck behind the supermoto; the difference in speed through the corners was pretty obvious. If that's how I feel just watching, I can't imagine how it felt during the race.

Grats on the podium! :D

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It drives me nuts to see you guys get stuck behind the supermoto; the difference in speed through the corners was pretty obvious. If that's how I feel just watching, I can't imagine how it felt during the race.

Grats on the podium! :D
It was tough, the tight left turn in the middle of the fast back section is called the bus stop. I think if we could have squeezed by there, we could have gapped him enough to get on with our race, but it's just a really narrow part of the track and I tried and tried and just didn't want to force a pass there and risk a crash. Oh well, all good testing, the bike is running awesome. Can't wait for the next one!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts