Yamaha R3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
He quoted me 21,300 baht, which converts to $632.02 shipped to Missouri, USA. That's half of what Ohlins is selling for on their website.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Thanx again, Fang, for posting up KD Project Racing on this thread. Today 21,300 baht converted to $647.12 USD. I bought the Ohlins shock today!!

Discussion starter · #29 · (Edited)
I was contemplating following your lead, but have to admit I was hanging back until you got it in your hands - kewl!! Does it come sprung for your weight?
I emailed him with my weight and asked if he needed me to weigh my gear, but he never responded. I think of myself as "average-sized" at 5'8", 165 Lbs., so I'm sure the spring rate will be ok for me. Won't know fer sure till I get it to a track though. I want to do a full track day on the stock suspension before I rebuild my forks and replace my shock. My "local" home track is Heartland Park Topeka, but their future is up in the air for now because it's for sale. So they're not opening it till it sells.
:-(
The # on the spring is 61104-69. Guess I'll go to ohlins site and check it out.

Attachments

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Here's the response I got from Jerry at Ohlins USA:

Hello Travis. Thank you for your email.
The ?61104-69? spring on a ?YA 467? shock should be good for your weight. It is set for 176# rider (dressed). You can take on an additional 132# of weight before the next step stiffer spring rate will be required! The max weight load rating for this spring is 308# (rider + passenger and/or bags).
Please call or return email with any questions.
Thank you, Jerry

Jerry Wohlgemuth- Technical Sales Representative-

Motorcycle Division

Öhlins USA, Inc.

703 S. Grove Street, Unit C

Hendersonville, NC 28792

Phone: (828)692-4525 ext. 313

Fax: (828)692-0595

http://www.ohlinsusa.com/us/

info@ohlinsusa.com

You can find outfits like Carpimoto (www.carpimoto.it) on eBay and of course their native website. Their prices are IMO reasonable to fantastic compared to home-country and they will happily ship across the oceans.

YSS and Nitron are my go-to vendors for inexpensive but pretty decent suspension. Nitron doesn't appear to have an application yet but I strongly suspect they have one in the works. Are MT03 parts and not just R25 interchangable?

You can find outfits like Carpimoto (www.carpimoto.it) on eBay and of course their native website. Their prices are IMO reasonable to fantastic compared to home-country and they will happily ship across the oceans.

YSS and Nitron are my go-to vendors for inexpensive but pretty decent suspension. Nitron doesn't appear to have an application yet but I strongly suspect they have one in the works. Are MT03 parts and not just R25 interchangable?
Great selection but they don't have the R3 or R25 listed yet and don't seem to carry YSS or Nitron.

Almost nobody carries YSS like they used to. Here in USA epmperf.com is the approved importer on the east coast, at least.

MT-03 parts not interchangeable. That's a 600cc bike with side mounted shock. Nothing the same parts-wise.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.