Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello

thought I'd join since I plan on making some mods to my r3 and why not get feedback and support from a dedicated r3 community?

iv had her for about 4 months now and I have not taken very good care of her but man have I ridden her

put over 4000 km on her already which is city commutes a couple of canyon day rides and about 5 track days

I have already low sided her twice once on the street from gravel and once at the track (i'll post a vid later)

plan on going with a full hotbodies set and getting myself and her ready to race next may in the local club racing lightweight sport bike category

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the forum, torrid. Always nice to have more track enthusiasts around. Will next season be your first race season? I saw your lowside video at the runway course. For such a narrow track you had a couple really good passes.

·
Registered
45 Posts
h I'm glad some others are buying the raven, because I like mine over all other colours. Nearly finished with my adds: Powerbronze dark tint wind screen from England (it takes over a month to North America). Also from Powerbronze, the rear hugger (gloss black with gold mesh, longer by a week). Front flush mount signals from TST, rear tail tidy from Yoshimura (retained my rear signal lights with flexible mount). I ordered from Revzilla the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber slip on (looks and sound so good). I ordered from Yamaha the new high performance air filter and the radiator shield (pebble thrown protection). The last update was also a disappointing one: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II radial, which got a leak in the front tire in less than 1000 miles, that even the dealer could not find. I decided to make the leap to the Metzeler Sportec M7RR tires for a more durable tire. I also decided to go to the larger rear tire. Now they are 110/70ZR17 front, and 150/60ZR17 rear. The rear rim is large enough to accept the 150 size, but the negative effect is the drop in speed 100mph would equate to 96.5 mph, at least 1/2 mile per gallon lost, and the tire will wear out about the same as the Pirelli. What you get is better handling, better looks, and a terrific street and track tire. A second benefit is I'm 200 lbs (now) and the larger rear tire helps with the added weight. All of this cost money, and I could have bought the FZ-07 cheaper, but the handling and beauty of my bike is something I've always dreamed of. Previous bike (12 years) Triumph Sprint RS 955i triple sport bike, and I don't miss it a bit.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
h I'm glad some others are buying the raven, because I like mine over all other colours. Nearly finished with my adds: Powerbronze dark tint wind screen from England (it takes over a month to North America). Also from Powerbronze, the rear hugger (gloss black with gold mesh, longer by a week). Front flush mount signals from TST, rear tail tidy from Yoshimura (retained my rear signal lights with flexible mount). I ordered from Revzilla the Akrapovic Carbon Fiber slip on (looks and sound so good). I ordered from Yamaha the new high performance air filter and the radiator shield (pebble thrown protection). The last update was also a disappointing one: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II radial, which got a leak in the front tire in less than 1000 miles, that even the dealer could not find. I decided to make the leap to the Metzeler Sportec M7RR tires for a more durable tire. I also decided to go to the larger rear tire. Now they are 110/70ZR17 front, and 150/60ZR17 rear. The rear rim is large enough to accept the 150 size, but the negative effect is the drop in speed 100mph would equate to 96.5 mph, at least 1/2 mile per gallon lost, and the tire will wear out about the same as the Pirelli. What you get is better handling, better looks, and a terrific street and track tire. A second benefit is I'm 200 lbs (now) and the larger rear tire helps with the added weight. All of this cost money, and I could have bought the FZ-07 cheaper, but the handling and beauty of my bike is something I've always dreamed of. Previous bike (12 years) Triumph Sprint RS 955i triple sport bike, and I don't miss it a bit.
All the mods sound great. I've heard great things about the Metzelers and will put them on mine after the stock tires wear out.

How about a spread of photos of your Raven?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts