Yamaha R3 Forums banner
301 - 306 of 306 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nah man, the new fairings don't offer anything noticeable in terms of fuel savings I typically get around 300 Km average on 11 liters of fuel on either fairing. The main aerodynamic issue that needs to be resolved is the rider, but I don't think you want to be in a full tuck all the time😅

me. Almost all the time. Note the left hand propping my chin up.

·
Registered
732 Posts
“Pb”? “Personal best”?
55.5 mi is what showed in the F Trip odometer, which automatics comes on at the flashing last bar. I’ve also experienced the F Trip will get triggered and start to count, but then usually it resets after a few miles and doesn’t get triggered again for 3-10 miles. I suppose that is from fuel sloshing around in the tank.

Side note re: fuel octane type: I thought Isaw somewhere in the manual to use 89 (midgrade) so that’s what I put in usually.
Pb= personal best. My pb is 5.55mi after flash start light. im gonna start using 89 too, as she runs like crap on 87 O.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Something that I have observed is R3 returns the best fuel average when u keep her between 5-7k rpms and shift up each gear around 5-5.5k, and shift down immediately if it’s below 3-3.5k, each gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Something that I have observed is R3 returns the best fuel average when u keep her between 5-7k rpms and shift up each gear around 5-5.5k, and shift down immediately if it’s below 3-3.5k, each gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is you mileage?

301 - 306 of 306 Posts