Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got about 4500kms on my bike. I've started to feel the rear brake pedal has a little more free play while braking. Is there a way to adjust the foot pedal? From my limited knowledge, disc brakes are hydraulic so not sure how adjustments can be done.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I've got about 4500kms on my bike. I've started to feel the rear brake pedal has a little more free play while braking. Is there a way to adjust the foot pedal? From my limited knowledge, disc brakes are hydraulic so not sure how adjustments can be done.
It's adjustable using the nut at the bottom of the brake cylinder back below the rear brake fluid reservoir. Right above the U-shaped bracket that attaches to the rear end of the pedal lever. Sort of hiding behind the foot plate.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Thank you. Is the front lever adjustable too?
NO. Not adjustable and there shouldn't be ANY play in the front lever.

If you have a spongy feel in either brake you might have air in the lines or brake cylinders and your dealer should inspect and possibly bleed the brakes for free........some other forum members have reported air in their brake systems and had great improvement after bleeding them themselves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts