Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I just crazy or has Yamaha never offered a white rear seat cowl? I am looking to get one for my 2019 R3 but I can't find white listed as an option for any year of the R3.

Anyone with a Vivid White R3 find a solution for the lack of offering? Is there anyone selling an aftermarket option in OEM colors? I was thinking of ordering black but not sure if I want to go that route or not.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yamaha hasn't offered a white cowl but it wouldn't cost too much to wrap one. It's a simple shape so you could probably do it yourself if you're feeling adventurous. Also gives you a reason to sticker bomb it if that's your thing.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Or get the paint code and have a shop paint it OEM color to match. Seeing how the seat cowl is so small shouldn't cost too much.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Or get the paint code and have a shop paint it OEM color to match. Seeing how the seat cowl is so small shouldn't cost too much.
This might work but it might be a better choice to have them match the bike itself. Unlikely that the shop will match the OEM color based off just the code. I've seen people try to match paint codes and its amazing how far off you can get if you don't have a reference sample.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts