Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have issues with their feet hitting the ground when leaned over in a turn?

I keep the inside of my foot flush against the bike and my heels hooked onto the pegs, but when I lean the bike over, my shoes start to chip against the ground.

This isn't even on a track, this is just some spirited riding... If/when this bike goes to the track I can only imagine it being even worse.

Maybe I just have big ass feet... /shrug

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
move your feet back, you want the balls of you feet on the pegs, not your heels.
But what if like to shift and use the brake without playing DDR with my feet? :)

Reactions: 2020R3

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rearsets !

·
Registered
42 Posts
Get the Driven Rearsets, they gave me an extra 1.5" of clearance

also, ride on the balls of your feet, you should be shifting before or after a turn, not in the middle

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
You will not have the same level of control if your heels are hooked on the pegs and you will also continue to scrape your foot no matter how high & back you put the rearsets.
It'll be easier to brake this bad habit now rather than in another years time

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's a big article I wrote on my testing with different rearsets and risers:
What are the best rearsets for the R3?
Hope that helps,
@jbluetooth: thanks for the write-up, was actually thinking about rearsets last night.

For me, not so much an immediate priorité but maybe next year. Mine isn't, and won't be a track-only bike, but will see occasional track use. Took CSS last week, and it was a lightbulb moment...."oh.....now I see what they mean about the riding position...."

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ya, my not so long legs need a boost in sliding my butt off the seat and getting my knee/hips pointed in the right direction. I have to leave my outside foot in the air to get the right BP. Hanging off like that was not comfortable for me. Looking at the photo examples, yes, the stock peg height, extends my leg already. To have my legs near parallel to the seat would give enough room to slide off easier and be able to bring my upper body down because my outside boot would be on the peg, and outside leg would be gripping the tank, not gripping the plastic trim piece UNDER the tank. Before next track day, I will be making a buy for your Gen2 riser kit. Thanks for the post.

Look at Coach boot, look at mine. look at leg angle, look at mine. #thatclearancetho

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
@jbluetooth: thanks for the write-up, was actually thinking about rearsets last night.

For me, not so much an immediate priorité but maybe next year. Mine isn't, and won't be a track-only bike, but will see occasional track use. Took CSS last week, and it was a lightbulb moment...."oh.....now I see what they mean about the riding position...."
Even if you don't get rearsets, I just meant that the article has some good info about height, set back, riding position, ground clearance, and the differences between a lot of different risers and rearsets.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
Looked at your great website and the risers look pretty sweet but WHAT?? Rear brake delete kit??? :eek:
lol, rear brake fluid reservoir delete. It replaces the reservoir with a small tube to store a smaller amount of brake fluid and tidy up the rearsets. It's more of a racer thing

·
Registered
47 Posts
lol, rear brake fluid reservoir delete. It replaces the reservoir with a small tube to store a smaller amount of brake fluid and tidy up the rearsets. It's more of a racer thing
Oh, so the rear brake still works? Why couldn't I use it on the street?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts