Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooo I've managed to put a crack in my oem left side rearseat... :( so now I don't know what to do....

·
Registered
255 Posts
Your least expensive option will be to replace it with OEM parts (partzilla's page: http://www.partzilla.com/parts/sear...015/YZFR3+-+YZFR3FL/STAND+FOOTREST/parts.html ). If you have the cash going with aftermarket is an option as well. Also check the for sale section for anyone parting out a bike.

I just replaced my rearsets with aftermarket ones, but I've decided to keep my OEM parts; otherwise I'd hook you up with a cheap replacement :(

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was going to go buy Yamaha r3 racing restart adjusters but this just :( it was bent from a dumb drop I did. Bent down never thought about it... went around a tight turn going fast.... it caught the road. I'm still not sure how I didn't go down.. I somehow just usually do what I need to do? Anyways it cracked pretty bad but I'm riding like that for now I'm slaving jb weld on it and calling it a day I guess. I want gold rearsets anyways ? I just was focusing on make it go faster things haha

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Aftermarket rear sets on EBay for $89.00 and up.

Reactions: RebelRayna

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered the peg off the dealer they matched partzilla's price. 9.00 since I need to buy a different air filter to try that :( only my bike would have weird issues after pcv I'm so glad Jesse is so awesome an helpful!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Ordered the peg off the dealer they matched partzilla's price. 9.00 since I need to buy a different air filter to try that :( only my bike would have weird issues after pcv I'm so glad Jesse is so awesome an helpful!

You added a PCV? Yeah, definitely change the air filter to a BMC, get a block off plate, and I'd look into rearset risers/relocation brackets if you're keeping stock foot pegs and not getting rearsets. Driven and Yoshimura have rearset risers, but they're pretty pricey. @jbluetooth's YamahaR3Racing.com has custom rearset risers for below $100 IIRC.

Sato and Woodcraft make beautiful rearsets, but they're $500 and ~$369 respectively. I have Tyga CNC aluminum and CF rearsets, but the pegs are fixed, but easily replaceable-they peg doesn't bend really, the screw does. The Tyga's are $229 and beautiful. Aftermarket rea higher and further back, and often adjustable so you won't run into leaning issues, and again, if you're keeping the stock foot pegs, which are pretty low, the risers will help you adjust them higher.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm getting Jesse's everything on my bike is from him basically ;) I mean I want fancy sato gold ones... but not a reality at the moment the next big big buy will be a rear spring because mine is and will always be too stiff or too soft but still to stiff if that makes sense? I get pogoed but really loose performance... which I'm willing to get bounced around some but the stock spring no matter where I put it it's still just not right for me.. plus I mean it would be a dream with more of a real suspension. Oh my money pit... I've decided I'll never sell it because it'll never be worth it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts