Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's simple. The blue is just SEXY AS ****!!!! lol....really though it is haha... Well anyways, for me personally, I never really like gloss black because I think it hides the contours of the vehicle (car or motorcycle). With that said, however, I do like matte black. The Yamaha blue paint just looks gorgeous under direct sunlight and those blue wheels really pop under the sun too, which really had me sold.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I chose red. Had my choice of the red or blue. My last bike was blue so I went with red. The white paint on the red bike is actually a very deep metallic white pearl. Looks better in person. I like the graphics on the red bike the most as well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Went with red so it will be easier to paint some race bodywork to match the OEM color scheme and not have to repaint the tank cover or front fender. Plus the black wheels are much easier to touch up since they will be getting dinged and scratched during frequent tire changes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Chose red because it was the brightest and most sporty (imo) colour. If there was a blue and white I may have chosen that, but no offence, I found the silver to be too dull for me.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I bought the BLUE because it's faster!!!
Also really like the blue wheels.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had a blue and white helmet for my Gixxer that matches. Also I already have a red motorcycle. Black gets too hot here in Texas and may not be as visible is why I don't usually buy black, but I actually like black bikes especially black and gold. Yellow is my favorite.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I never really like gloss black because I think it hides the contours of the vehicle (car or motorcycle).
Had a little LOL over this statement since it's pretty much a truism among auto-body people that gloss black is one of the most difficult colors to paint a car.
Gloss black paint magnifies any dip or defect in body work much more than any other color.
Most spray guys I know will double and triple check every panel before they will paint a car black because they know that once it's painted you won't be able to "unsee" even the slightest imperfection.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went red/white/black since I'm a hockey fan from Chicago, so Blackhawks colors. Also I just really dig red as a color on a bike.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Blue cause it matches my M3.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Red for visibility and because motorcycling incites passion. Would've gone blue to match car and Yamaha but wanted to stray from the path. A black bike is out of the question in south Florida.

1 - 20 of 124 Posts