Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I am trying to get a R3 for my first bike. I like the look and I have heard good things about the bike. So I found this 2015 R3 with 2k miles on. Clean title with one previous owner. This bike is stored in a private dealership and seems to be in good condition.

The sticker price is 4K, and with taxes, titles and everything else the OTD price comes to be around 4700. Is it a reasonable price?

I was also finding used r3s from private sellers that were much cheaper, but I dont know if I want to trust them with the conditions of the bikes.
Thanks so much guys.

·
Registered
228 Posts
That is a fair price for a 2,000 mile example.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Depends on your market, location and taxes. Here in california, a brand new r3 can be had for $5k OTD. A perfect used 2015 with 2k miles private party can be had for $3,800. You will always be paying a little more at a dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, I am at California. I was looking at some bikes from private party but I just am not as confident on the bikes conditions.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm located in Santa Cruz, CA. I just bought my new 2016 R3 for $4700 otd with some freebies. I think you can do a little better price wise. Search online for dealers with leftover models and you will get a great deal. Also don't be afraid to ask dealers to price match.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am selling now my R3 in Thailand for 140 000 baht ( 4120 Usd). I bought it in February 2017 and have only 16xx kilometers. No accidents and done first maintenance in official dealer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was also finding used r3s from private sellers that were much cheaper, but I dont know if I want to trust them with the conditions of the bikes.
Thanks so much guys.
In regards to the condition of the bike, here are a couple of things to either look out for or ask the seller. If a seller is honest, they will gladly disclose information regarding the history of the bike.

Maintenance
Chain tension, condition, alignment, sprocket wear.
Tire wear.
Drop/crash damage
Aftermarket parts/modifications

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased a '17 R3 with 6K miles on it from a private party for $3000 cash. I love it, especially after driving a CBR250 for a year. New and used bikes can be negotiated at dealerships, at least that's been my experience in Alabama. Its shocking that dealership wanted more than 4K when they probably gave 3 or less. I would expect $700 more on a brand new bike with zero miles. I do understand that locations do vary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts