Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my R3 back from the dealer this afternoon. The bike was dropped off on July 7th and now it's back and ready to roll.

Reactions: f1lupo

·
Registered
271 Posts
thats an interesting concept. Itll get more people to buy, that are interested in that bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

On a serious note, have you noticed any difference in the bike? My dealer should be calling me this week. The parts were ordered last week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It seems to have a little more power when shifting gears in the lower RPM range.

Reactions: Ildottore46

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah, I read online somewhere that replacing the clutch bearing and oil-pump is good for another 4-hp.

All the racers are doing it.
I took my clutch bearing and oil pump out to save weight. Easily gained another 10hp. Almost as much power as one of those 500cc scooters I see at work sometimes.

Reactions: CBRpilot

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
My wheels and tires are pretty heavy, too. I think I might try removing them for better acceleration.
Cuz you know... unsprung weight.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Seriously speaking.... I'm about to start prepping my R3 to run on CotA in late August. I was thinking about buying a full exhaust and a power commander... But I think that only brings it up to.... 40whp? Sigh... I need to drop a 1000RR motor in this thing.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seriously! the recall work did add a little better performance to the R3. I went on a 62 mile ride yesterday evening and could tell the bike is running more tight, maybe it's the Akrapovic GP slip on and Rosso II tires along with the recall work. But most of all you can feel it in the throttle grip. Most of the R3,s have been dyno tested at around 37 -38 at the rear wheel, but the official Yamaha HP is 41.4 HP.

Reactions: f1lupo

·
Registered
19 Posts
This CBRPilot guy is incredibly condescending and sarcastic. ANYWAYS, in regards to the recall.... is it normal to not be given a loaner? I have been a week without my bike and the weather is uncharacteristically phenomenal. Maybe the universe knows I don't have my ride and is taunting me Lol!

·
Registered
542 Posts
It's a gift to get a loaner bike, for 99% of us in America a bike is secondary transportation and is treated as such. I'll still be trying to get one when I go, but I'm more than willing to just put up with driving my truck if need be.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ducati gives me a loaner always. Even for just an oil change.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Got my R3 back from the dealer this afternoon. The bike was dropped off on July 7th and now it's back and ready to roll.
Seriously all kidding aside, congrats on getting your recall service done so quickly. Wish I was in your shoes right now.

Seems Yamaha is being pretty **** efficient and proactive with this recall. This is good news. By all appearances, it looks to be going quite smoothly and painlessly *knock on wood*

I mean we take it for granted, but Yamaha has to notify the global dealership chain, prep the parts, send out packages, notifications, etc. I'm half-Japanese, and know generally the Japanese are pretty **** efficient, but when it comes to recalls, etc they're usually a pain. I called up my dealer, he scheduled me in, ordered my parts, and I am about to bring her in shortly. I've been riding regardless, but haven't been pushing her full tilt with this recall info nugget stuck in my head. Ready to get it done, and get on with things!

How has everyone's recall service gone? Pretty painlessly? Crappily? Glad Yamaha man'd up and didn't take the Takata airbag route and pretend nothing was wrong but write incriminating emails. Dumbasses.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I called mt dealer today and he said typically the recall work can be done in couple of hours.. the problem is they are booked solid for the next month! So yeah while I can get it back the same day, I have to wait another month.. oh well it is what it is. My dealer is allright I don't have any complains about them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
@ Ride4Ever

congrats now go riding in worry free mode:)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Got my recall done at Simi Valley Cycles in Simi Valley, Ca. Took them a week to order parts, dropped off the R3 for 4 days but took them a few hours to complete. They changed the oil too unlike another local dealership who didn't change the oil for some BS reason. The shifts are a lot smoother now and not clunky at all. I compared older videos and the shifts are on point. They set my tires at 36 rear/ 42 front which at first I thought it was too much but rode up and down a short canyon called Santa Susana Pass and it felt good. The extra air added stiffness to the soft spongey rear shock.

Or maybe I just haven't rode my R3 in a while... but feels good now. Very smooth shifts - up and down.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts