Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if any of the other Central TX riders or other locations with this type of climate are using for a summer jacket? I'm in San Antonio, and our summer is upon us, now that the rain stopped. Soon we will be having the usual triple digit summer days here.

I have a perf leather jacket, but seems it would be too hot for it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
On the hottest days, I use my Dainese Shotgun Textile Jacket, which has been replaced, I think either by the Air-Frame or the Super-Speed. None will provide the protection of a perf'd leather jacket, but will flow a heck of a lot more air. The Super-Speed will be more substantial than the Air-Frame, but it's also more expensive.

If your perf'd jacket flows a decent amount of air, you should also consider a good cooling vest, like the Rev'It! cooling vest. I don't have peronal experience with one, but I have been told that they work very well.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
If you want a $200 Summer jacket at a great discounted price, I highly recommend the MACNA Chili Mesh jacket. I have the Chili Mesh with added CE level 2 Back Protector & the Vision Vest. It's an awesome jacket and you can also add the MACNA Alert jacket to it to make it a full 3 season waterproof jacket. This jacket works better at keeping me cool than any other Summer jacket I've owned.

MACNA is a VERY HIGH END brand from The Netherlands.

Info on it at the link for Twisted Throttle below. Buy it at FC-Moto.de for half price at $106.00 (+$17.00 shipping). The latest version just came out so this model is steeply discounted. If you're buying from outside the E.U. you don't pay VAT (Value Added Tax).

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...t/SubProducts/Macna-Chili-Textile-Jacket-0008

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/bran...ial_multiselect=429&gender_multipleselect=292

Chili Mesh Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=71&v=1LBSQRviatg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the hottest days, I use my Dainese Shotgun Textile Jacket, which has been replaced, I think either by the Air-Frame or the Super-Speed. None will provide the protection of a perf'd leather jacket, but will flow a heck of a lot more air. The Super-Speed will be more substantial than the Air-Frame, but it's also more expensive.

If your perf'd jacket flows a decent amount of air, you should also consider a good cooling vest, like the Rev'It! cooling vest. I don't have peronal experience with one, but I have been told that they work very well.
I'll see how my perf leather does as it gets hotter, it's a Dainese I forgot which one, but it is pretty heavy duty. I was looking at the Super Speed. I'll check out the vests too. I'll have to take a look at those Macna jackets, that's a pretty good price.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I STRONGLY RECOMMEND leather that can breathe. Textile and mesh breathe well, but there's nothing like coming home with your arms in tact...
Jus my 2¢
Watch YouTube videos to learn more...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree that there is no substitute for leather. I'll try my perf leather and see how it does in the serious heat. I may look into another perf leather that isn't solid black. Lol

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have the Alpinestars T-GP Plus R v2 Air Jacket and do break it out for the summer seasons. It's actually been crash tested as well and other than the shoulder and arm sleeve getting slightly scuffed up its held up surprisingly well.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Lol, dead thread revived! Just received a Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Jacket from Revzilla. Haven't ridden with it as yet but did stand in front of a powerful fan and felt a strong breeze go through the mesh, lol. Was the best rated/purchased and reviewers from southern states swore by it. Shoulder pads do need adjustment before riding I see other than that feels like a good fit. Goes for $167. Different colors but I choice white.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts