Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought this day would've come(at least with my little baby bike.) Got home from work at 1am and went to bed. I woke up 2 hours later to go to the gym but decided I was too tired and went back to sleep(MAN AM I KICKING MYSELF FOR THIS.) Fast forward to 7am and it's gone. Who the **** steals beginner bikes with very little value? To make things worse this is my only way of commuting and it's getting COLD in Missouri and by the time insurance goes through and I can find/buy a new bike it'll probably be to cold for me to enjoy comfortably. Keep your bikes safe guys...don't get complacent just because nothings happened to you yet.

Red/white r3 stolen from around zona rosa. Worn out oxford heated grips, red swingarm spools, smoked double bubble windshield, black and red adjustable clutch/brake levers, white leds/hids. Please please please message me if you see this bike.

Plate DH 4 JD

http://imgur.com/qSdQB0r
http://imgur.com/XzWwZAt

·
Registered
732 Posts
Fucking scum bags. That is why cops messing with marijuana pisses me off. They waste millions on trying to interdict, control, etc marijuana. What a waste. We have assaults, murders, larceny, rapes, pedophiles, and terrorism to worry about. But Law Enforcement and the Government has the population brain washed since the money they get for pot creates jobs, builds prisons, creates prison jobs, etc. Wish they'd spend more time on the real drugs and real crimes.

Good luck.

I live in NY, and while it still retains some of infamy, it is a pretty **** safe city. But still, I'e had issues, and I err on the side of caution. I bought a Scorpio Ride/Secure alarm and data unit. Records ride info and maps them for me. Also alerts me to proximity alerts, shocks, and alarms via email and text. It connects directly to cellular network and reports GPS location.

Also, I hook up a Xena xx6 and Xena cable to my caliper, a Kryptonite lock to whatever wheel the Xena is not on, and also a heavy Oxford lock between both wheels tethered to a street sign if I happen to leave it on the street and not park it in the garage that night. I highly recommend getting a Scorpio, and using another deterrent. If they're dead set on it, they'll get it, but if you put up enough barriers, it should discourage them.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Fucking scum bags. That is why cops messing with marijuana pisses me off. They waste millions on trying to interdict, control, etc marijuana. What a waste. We have assaults, murders, larceny, rapes, pedophiles, and terrorism to worry about. But Law Enforcement and the Government has the population brain washed since the money they get for pot creates jobs, builds prisons, creates prison jobs, etc. Wish they'd spend more time on the real drugs and real crimes.
I agree with you 100%.

Weed should NEVER have been made "illegal" in the first place.
Prohibition of alcohol sure didn't work! Same thing with weed. The corrupt system makes money off it by keeping it illegal.
That is all they care about. Citizens want the RIGHT to choose what to do. Nobody wants "the government" telling them what to do.
It's called: FREEDOM. Weed actually helps people with certain medical conditions. It's a proven FACT. A fact the crooked government would rather you didn't know! BIG PHARMA doesn't want it legalized, because people will use weed products and not the CRAP they produce.
It's all about money, and it's all about CORRUPTION.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I agree with you 100%.

Weed should NEVER have been made "illegal" in the first place.
Prohibition of alcohol sure didn't work! Same thing with weed. The corrupt system makes money off it by keeping it illegal.
That is all they care about. Citizens want the RIGHT to choose what to do. Nobody wants "the government" telling them what to do.
It's called: FREEDOM. Weed actually helps people with certain medical conditions. It's a proven FACT. A fact the crooked government would rather you didn't know! BIG PHARMA doesn't want it legalized, because people will use weed products and not the CRAP they produce.
It's all about money, and it's all about CORRUPTION.
Vote yes on Prop 205, legal marijuana in Arizona.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the support guys. Even though I planned on selling it in a year to buy a more highway capable commuter to go to school, it pains me not being able to ride it and life seems so dull right now. I can't believe it's going to take 2/3 weeks to move on. Also, I don't understand why car/bike rentals aren't provided for given that I insured the bike as a commuter :|.

Good luck.

I live in NY, and while it still retains some of infamy, it is a pretty **** safe city. But still, I'e had issues, and I err on the side of caution. I bought a Scorpio Ride/Secure alarm and data unit. Records ride info and maps them for me. Also alerts me to proximity alerts, shocks, and alarms via email and text. It connects directly to cellular network and reports GPS location.

Also, I hook up a Xena xx6 and Xena cable to my caliper, a Kryptonite lock to whatever wheel the Xena is not on, and also a heavy Oxford lock between both wheels tethered to a street sign if I happen to leave it on the street and not park it in the garage that night. I highly recommend getting a Scorpio, and using another deterrent. If they're dead set on it, they'll get it, but if you put up enough barriers, it should discourage them.
Definitely going to look into something like the scorpio and maybe a caliper lock. How much of a pain is it to carry around everywhere? I commute on my bike and don't want to spend ~3 minutes on every trip I take, especially when it's colder than 30 degrees outside. Nor do I want to accidentally set off the alarm and disturb neighbors since I work nights and get home late.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Thanks for the support guys. Even though I planned on selling it in a year to buy a more highway capable commuter
:eek:
You mean.... the R3 isn't great on the highway ?!?!? Wow, you are going to get flamed so hard!
When I said that, people jumped on my a$$!
:laugh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:eek:
You mean.... the R3 isn't great on the highway ?!?!? Wow, you are going to get flamed so hard!
When I said that, people jumped on my a$$!
Haha well not for how I intend to use it. For a few miles commuting on the highway it's completely fine(minus getting blown around.) But doing 20/30 miles a day on the highway at 75mph+ probabblyy not a great idea. Plus I want something I can ride to florida and back.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Haha well not for how I intend to use it. For a few miles commuting on the highway it's completely fine(minus getting blown around.) But doing 20/30 miles a day on the highway at 75mph+ probabblyy not a great idea.
Mr. Kojiiro-san jumped my a$$ when I said the R3 was "tapped out" on the freeway at 80mph.

The R3 can go on the freeway... but it's got nothing left at those speeds. No sense crying about it. You KNOW it's true!
Then people started crying that the R3 can do 112 mph. What, at 14,000 rpm's ? Hahahaha! So silly.
Gotta justify their purchase I guess. Also... some "literbike haters" on here. So... you know the game.
:D

·
Registered
732 Posts
Thanks for the support guys. Even though I planned on selling it in a year to buy a more highway capable commuter to go to school, it pains me not being able to ride it and life seems so dull right now. I can't believe it's going to take 2/3 weeks to move on. Also, I don't understand why car/bike rentals aren't provided for given that I insured the bike as a commuter :|.

Definitely going to look into something like the scorpio and maybe a caliper lock. How much of a pain is it to carry around everywhere? I commute on my bike and don't want to spend ~3 minutes on every trip I take, especially when it's colder than 30 degrees outside. Nor do I want to accidentally set off the alarm and disturb neighbors since I work nights and get home late.
The Scorpio is amazing. I understand about the neighbors, but eff them in regards to security. **** happens. It is loud enough for warning/alerts, but no loud enough to be so annoying or excessively problematic. The most important thing about the Scorpio is its cellular capability and its GPS tracking. THe Xena xx6 (sp?) is about a pound or two, and very robust but easy to carry in a backpack. I use it in conjunction with its accessory cable, which makes it bulkier. The actual unit might even be stowable underneath the seat if you removed the tray possibly, but I have my Dynojet PC5 and Autotune there. I have a tank bag and tail bag, and store my locks in there when the bags are attached to my bike. Also, if you have the cable, you can just throw it over your shoulder and wear it.

Here is the link to Scorpio. It's like $400 and $11 a month, so it is very reasonable, plus you get a discount from insurance.

Xena disc locks My Xena lock also has a tampering alert on it.

Here is the Xena accessory cable I got with my lock

Yeah, I am a big proponent for legalizing. It is ridiculous. SO many against it demand medicinal properties to justify its medical use. What about alcohol? Prohibition was a failure. It is such a joke. I enjoy alcohol, but it is also involved in tons of crimes, car crashes, deaths, fights, rapes, accidents, etc yet it is so engrained nad socially acceptable. It's analogous to a biological need we have-drinking fluids, so it seems more acceptable I think. However, it's prohibition causes a black market for it, causing bad guys to profit from it, and clogging our prison system with non-violent offenders; it unconscionable. Hemp can be used for paper, clothes, oil, etc And I could go on and on.

As a New York yankee to the bone, I am glad the North is a little more progressive. Arizona is a beautiful state, but when you have ignorant and stuck in the past assholes like Sheriff Joe Arpaio who perpetuates the archaic and backwards laws of yesterday, it makes me glad I am not in the South. The conservative South is usually the slowest to change and adopt innovative and progressive ideas and laws. I love the US, but man, we are dumb a lot. Someone can go to war and kill, have a kid, get married, vote, and drive a car yet they can't buy a bear? Where the **** is the logic and sense in that? So ridiculous.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The Scorpio is amazing. I understand about the neighbors, but eff them in regards to security. **** happens. It is loud enough for warning/alerts, but no loud enough to be so annoying or excessively problematic. The most important thing about the Scorpio is its cellular capability and its GPS tracking. THe Xena xx6 (sp?) is about a pound or two, and very robust but easy to carry in a backpack. I use it in conjunction with its accessory cable, which makes it bulkier. The actual unit might even be stowable underneath the seat if you removed the tray possibly, but I have my Dynojet PC5 and Autotune there. I have a tank bag and tail bag, and store my locks in there when the bags are attached to my bike. Also, if you have the cable, you can just throw it over your shoulder and wear it.

Here is the link to Scorpio. It's like $400 and $11 a month, so it is very reasonable, plus you get a discount from insurance.

Xena disc locks My Xena lock also has a tampering alert on it.

Here is the Xena accessory cable I got with my lock

Yeah, I am a big proponent for legalizing. It is ridiculous. SO many against it demand medicinal properties to justify its medical use. What about alcohol? Prohibition was a failure. It is such a joke. I enjoy alcohol, but it is also involved in tons of crimes, car crashes, deaths, fights, rapes, accidents, etc yet it is so engrained nad socially acceptable. It's analogous to a biological need we have-drinking fluids, so it seems more acceptable I think. However, it's prohibition causes a black market for it, causing bad guys to profit from it, and clogging our prison system with non-violent offenders; it unconscionable. Hemp can be used for paper, clothes, oil, etc And I could go on and on.

As a New York yankee to the bone, I am glad the North is a little more progressive. Arizona is a beautiful state, but when you have ignorant and stuck in the past assholes like Sheriff Joe Arpaio who perpetuates the archaic and backwards laws of yesterday, it makes me glad I am not in the South. The conservative South is usually the slowest to change and adopt innovative and progressive ideas and laws. I love the US, but man, we are dumb a lot. Someone can go to war and kill, have a kid, get married, vote, and drive a car yet they can't buy a bear? Where the **** is the logic and sense in that? So ridiculous.
Yeah, why can't we buy a bear?

·
Registered
54 Posts
If anyone is looking for an alarmed disc lock that can fit under the passenger seat, get an Abus 8077. It's significantly more expensive than Xena, and you won't be able to put anything else substantial in that storage area, but I think it's worth the peace of mind knowing I have security even if when I'm not riding with a saddlebag, tailbag, tankbag, or backpack. Also, I haven't had false positives with my Abus so I'm pretty satisfied.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts