Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got some reflective tape and Texas flag map decals on Ebay to make night riding a little safer. I just ordered a Yamaha decal with letters only and no background. When it gets here I'll put the Yamaha decal over the blue reflective tape.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Yamaha decal came in so I put it over the reflective tape. I like it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The helmet is the best place to to add white or high vis and or reflective tape to increase safety, day and night.

·
Registered
424 Posts
While adding reflective strips and high vis elements to a helmet won't hurt anyone, don't have the illusion that it'll all of a sudden make you visible. If they can't see a bike with lights and a person on top they aren't going to see a helmet.

·
Registered
460 Posts
High vis or white is statistically proven to reduce accidents and the helmet is the best place for it. The jacket second. The color of the bike makes no difference surprisingly. Rock a white helmet. They stay cooler anyway. I bought mine used so was stuck with black so I plastered it with a reflective kit. My daughter has come upon me on the road without expecting who it was and told me my helmet jumps out like a sore thumb at night 100's of yards ahead through the rain.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Anything you can do to make yourself more visible is definitely a good thing but no matter what, I ride every ride like I'm completely invisible.
Always assume the car is about to do something stupid... because they usually do :(

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Adding some reflective tape on a helmet may not help that much, but anything is better than nothing.

Reactions: Gizmo
1 - 7 of 7 Posts