Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front mud guard YAMAHA
Front wheel ABS
Side fairings YAMAHA
Windshield cleaning advice
Fuel tank stickers

I did some searching looking for best practices, and learned some the hard way, so for future generations:

The YAMAHA stickers are vinyl, the adhesive is sticky but you can lift it with a finger nail or a plastic putty spreader. The adhesive that remains is best dispatched with rubbing alcohol. Goo Gone would be my go to, but it doesn't work here.

For the safety stickers on the fuel tank. The sticker with the writing is covered by a second transparent sticker. Get under both and peel in 5 seconds. Get the transparent off first and enjoy the next 15 minutes getting the rest of it off.

Also peeled the two stickers off the windshield telling me not to clean it with gasoline. Thanks for the tip, Yamaha!

·
Registered
38 Posts
A heat gun makes this job infinitely easier, as long as you don't hold the heat source in one spot too long. Waving it over old decals usually heats up the glue enough to peel off most decals in one shot.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A heat gun makes this job infinitely easier, as long as you don't hold the heat source in one spot too long. Waving it over old decals usually heats up the glue enough to peel off most decals in one shot.
Thanks Apex, I was a bit worried about pointing a heat gun at the fuel tank. The vinyl stickers may have been more prone to tearing with heat, but had no problems lifting them with a fine edge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
FWIW, the tank is a plastic cover, and will get hotter sitting in the sun on a hot day. Nothing to worry about. The warning stickers on the tank come off in one piece using a heat gun and a plastic razor blade in about 30 seconds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts