Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May need to remove my exhaust on my 2016 r3.Is there room to remove it without stripping the fairing off? .Also can I expect the 4 nuts on the manifold to come undone easily ,worried about snappingg a stud off

·
Registered
4 Posts
May need to remove my exhaust on my 2016 r3.Is there room to remove it without stripping the fairing off? .Also can I expect the 4 nuts on the manifold to come undone easily ,worried about snappingg a stud off
Not 100% sure, but seems it would help to take it off.
I would recommend PB Blaster spray, it will penetrate and help break free siezed/rusted parts.
Use a day or so before, and just let it soak in.

·
Super Moderator
902 Posts
I've never heard of having problems removing the header bolts, but there's always a first time. Let us know how it goes. I have a how-to-install video linked below. Not the most professionally video I've seen, but most of those have the bike already in race body, so I wasn't sure that would help you. Anyway, she does a thorough enough job that you may get a decent idea what you're up against. Good Luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would recommend PB Blaster spray, it will penetrate and help break free siezed/rusted parts.
Thanks for that, the reason I’m removing it is I have a crack in the exhaust and need to get it welded/brazed.And no room to do it on the bike.thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for that ,need to take it off as got a crack in my Akrapovic ,and need to get it welded\or brazed.Just not enough room to do it on the bike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts