Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Nice video. Doesn't look like you have the R3 anymore though! CBR 600?
He mentions that this is his buddy's bike.
That rubbing compound is pretty abrasive stuff. I'd recommend something like that only for the worst of scratches but I'd also follow up with a lighter compound to remove any remaining cutting marks (these show up in the sun from some angles)
I like Chemical Guys stuff. I just recently used V34 and V38 compound on my truck after someone messed it up in a parking lot. Truck came out awesome

·
Registered
346 Posts
Agreed, you always start with the least abrasive method to remove. Meguiars SwirlX is low on the abrasives scale and will remove quite a bit of scratches/swirls and blemishes (fine polish). Anytime you use a rubbing compound you should follow up with a finer polish just like you would with sandpaper to get a good finish back just as Aeson mentioned.

If you're using a microfiber towel, start with a paste wax to see if it'll remove the scratch before any polishing chemical, people forget microfiber has cutting power and actually already helps to remove surface scuffs, that would technically be one of the least abrasive methods to start with then follow up with a fine polish next etc.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still have my R3 wouldn't trade that in for the world. that was my friends cbr600 Yes I have tried other less abrasive methods to remove the marks but those didn't work on his bike that's why I use the rubbing compound, the rubbing compound didn't leave any fine scratches , just only removed the mark. if you have a lite mark then the other methods would work just fine, but this one was a tough one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where you get those flush mounts? thats different never seen something like that. im looking to replace my stock ones.

·
Registered
326 Posts
http://www.watsendesign.com/index.html

They are some what of a unicorn. Took me about 6 months to get but blows away all other flush mounts.

These are the universal Yamaha FZ style with factory harness and painted triumph ghost white. Not exact match but close enough.

You can find out more details by searching my posts. Have tons of pics and a few videos.

Reactions: R3Modifier

·
Registered
326 Posts
They look great and are highly functional. Definitely worth the wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts