Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got this beauty back. Hope to never sit in a stock R3 pad again! Cost about $350, took several months waiting. Worth every cent and minute! Put 200 miles on it yesterday, a pleasure with a 1.5" taller seat and good foam.

I'm 6-01, 200 lbs. need to do rear sets for more leg room at some point but this was a huge improvement over stock for bigger riders.

I did 20 minutes on a stock Ninja 300 yesterday too. Felt short and fat between the knees, the extra gallon of fuel... I'll live without it.

It has also needed steering bearings for the last 10,000 miles but my son refuses to do them... so at 52 mph if you remove your hands, it wobbles instantly. Feels like a pile in contact with the road, but engine is smoother than the R3. R3 clearly more powerful too.

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Stock seat rebuilt. Renazco builds Dakar style rally bike seats, had them do pretty much all my street bikes the last twelve years, and a few enduros. He has yet to do anything but impress me with his builds.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I noticed it when I first got the R3 too. A bit more thump and vibration. Ninja 300 is glassy, the vibes it had were higher frequency and less noticeable. The R3 isn't bad, just a different vibration feel. I'd choose the extra boost over the smoothness anyway. It's not objectionable, just obvious compared to the 300.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
780 Posts
This is fantastic! Great work. I've been contemplating working out some sort of taller seat upgrade I can offer as a package with my rearset risers and the Vortex clipons to transform the ergonomics of the R3 to proper supersport ergos.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I would like a taller seat, myself. I am surprised Corbin or Sargent isn't making seats for the R3.
:|

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Stop by a local auto upholstery shop and have them customize your seat. Had mine done last week, only took an hour or so. Very happy with the end product.
I'm sure it's much more comfy... but it looks like something that belongs on a BOAT!
:laugh:
( Just kidding! ) Well..... not really! :D

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm sure it's much more comfy... but it looks like something that belongs on a BOAT!
( Just kidding! ) Well..... not really! :D

Totally. I love it.

Doesn't look that crazy, it's probably the angle of the pic. Boat seat is fine with me, if it gets rid of that terrible (IMO of course) stock seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Hey, when you are sitting on it riding... nobody can see it anyway!
And truthfully, it doesn't look bad. I was just joking around.

·
Registered
218 Posts
that looks like for a tourer bike.
Indeed. It's also as comfortable as one. All that changes though, as you throw the bike into a corner with authority - like you're riding a bicycle. I wonder what it's going to feel like when I start shaving some weight off this thing. Gotta get myself a naked next. FZ-03 anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts