Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today, I went out for a burn with a few other riders. When I got back home, I noticed the coolant was dripping on the shed floor. On closer inspection, I followed the trail and oh boy. Looks like the radiator took a stone in the 100k zone.

Has anyone taken out the radiator and if so, is there a Youtube tutorial clip?

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
Same thing happened to a friend's R3, I was told to get a radiator mesh which costs a fraction of a replacement radiator. Been told these radiators cost approx. $385 USD, not sure if that even includes fitting.

You can find instructions on the radiator installation on pages 6-1 to 6-3 of the R3 service manual.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, thats about right there.
I have myself bought a grill for the radiator. I have since got the repair done to the radiator which cost me $117 NZD. Not too shabby. I took the bike out for a burn today and haven't seen any issues with the repair yet. With time, I'll get a brand new replacement later on down the track.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe it is common.

I rode by a construction area where there were pebbles and whatever on the road, came home and checked out the radiator after hearing the fan blowing... and saw some of me grills closed up.

So I sourced some mesh and materials and made one asap.

·
Registered
507 Posts
it is common, My radiator got dinged riding the bike home from the dealership! A guard was the very first thing I bought for the bike, aliexpress has one for I think $12, doesn't look half bad either, they have several options and colors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yes very common on all bikes. Radiators on the used market are pretty cheap and this is an easy swap out. a couple bolts and two radiator lines. Then like others said get a mesh guard to prevent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts