Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dropped my bike a few weeks ago and go some scratches on the exhaust, front fairing, and fork. Will replacing the fairing myself void my warranty? Also, where is the cheapest place for the part?

Thanks,
Charles

·
Registered
162 Posts
I dropped my bike a few weeks ago and go some scratches on the exhaust, front fairing, and fork. Will replacing the fairing myself void my warranty? Also, where is the cheapest place for the part?

Thanks,
Charles
Replacing the fairing yourself won't void your warranty.
Replacing any of it yourself won't void your warranty. ****, it's not like you have to tell them any of this. Seriously though, the fairing is just a piece of plastic, I doubt there is much warranty involved with that anyway. Unless it like... spontaneously combusts due to engine heat or something.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you do not own a 2016 matte grey, then the cheapest reputable seller I found is Partzilla (Bikebandit is slightly more expensive; you may want to Google reviews on both companies and factor in shipping times/taxes based on other people's experiences). If you own a 2016 matte grey, you're going to have to eat the full price for the parts from your local dealer since it doesn't look like Partzilla or Bikebandit even have that category on their website. Parts for the fairing are categorized under COWLING 1.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've used Ron Ayers primarily due to their quick shipping. Turnaround time is usually a week. As far as price, if your riding a 2015, last I checked on ronayers was $69 before any taxes and shipping. Hope that helps.

As far as warranty, that should not by the slightest chance be an issue.

·
Registered
162 Posts
It shouldn't be much more than what PartsZilla charges for any of the other colors. They might try to **** you because that is what dealerships do.

If they do, I would just get the part # from the dealership, then call PartZilla and order it through them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I took a look at Ron Ayers and they actually have R3 fairings for the 2016 matte grey; IIRC from looking at my recall letter 2 nights ago, the model code is YZFR3GGY: http://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/yam/56e08edb87a8660718f20a88/cowling-1

In my case, their parts are only slightly cheaper than buying from the dealer closest to me before taxes, but it may be different for you so it wouldn't hurt to call around your local dealers and get some prices. In general, I've noticed that the 2016 fairings are a lot less discounted than the 2015 ones (even the quoted MSRP is higher for 2016 compared to 2015), whether they're coming from the dealership or from Ron Ayers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts