Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out shopping for some Kevlar lined jeans this weekend and I came across the brand "Resurgence Gear". Before even thinking about these pants I tried on Dianese, Joe Rocket, Scorpion, and Draggin jeans....but let me tell you, the Resurgence blew everything out of the water! I was shocked that I never heard anything about this brand before...maybe they are new? I noticed them to fit a bit tighter than the other pants (except for Dianese), but the denim outer layer is stretchy, so when you get into riding position the pants form perfectly to the legs. A HUGE bonus to the purchase was the free D30 knee and hip armor. The pants have a vertical half foot strip of velcro in the knee pouch, and the knee armor also has 2 circle patches of velcro on it. This allows you to place the armor anywhere you want resulting is absolutely no movement, you wouldn't even know they were there. The D30 armor was a fantastic choice as it bends with the knees, but will immediately harden when it hits impact.

All in all, I could not be happier with the purchase. Resurgence Jeans in my opinion, are currently the best riding jean on the market (in comparison to the ones I tried on). I could not recommend them more!

Here is a link for some additional info:
http://www.resurgencegear.net/product-technology/

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I was out shopping for some Kevlar lined jeans this weekend and I came across the brand "Resurgence Gear". Before even thinking about these pants I tried on Dianese, Joe Rocket, Scorpion, and Draggin jeans....but let me tell you, the Resurgence blew everything out of the water! I was shocked that I never heard anything about this brand before...maybe they are new? I noticed them to fit a bit tighter than the other pants (except for Dianese), but the denim outer layer is stretchy, so when you get into riding position the pants form perfectly to the legs. A HUGE bonus to the purchase was the free D30 knee and hip armor. The pants have a vertical half foot strip of velcro in the knee pouch, and the knee armor also has 2 circle patches of velcro on it. This allows you to place the armor anywhere you want resulting is absolutely no movement, you wouldn't even know they were there. The D30 armor was a fantastic choice as it bends with the knees, but will immediately harden when it hits impact.

All in all, I could not be happier with the purchase. Resurgence Jeans in my opinion, are currently the best riding jean on the market (in comparison to the ones I tried on). I could not recommend them more!

Here is a link for some additional info:
http://www.resurgencegear.net/product-technology/
How much did they cost? Imo best riding gear (pants/jacket/whatever) is the one you are wearing. Having good gear but not wearing it is pointless. So when you do buy gear, get stuff that's comfortable so you don't have at urge to not wear it because of weight/heat/etc. I have had some cheap $80 Kevlar jeans protect me in a crash before. The pads did an amazing job protecting my aging knees. I could wear those jeans all day.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How much did they cost? Imo best riding gear (pants/jacket/whatever) is the one you are wearing. Having good gear but not wearing it is pointless. So when you do buy gear, get stuff that's comfortable so you don't have at urge to not wear it because of weight/heat/etc. I have had some cheap $80 Kevlar jeans protect me in a crash before. The pads did an amazing job protecting my aging knees. I could wear those jeans all day.
They retail at $250+13% tax, but I grabbed them for $220CAD taxes in (no tax event). They are quite thick so I can see them being quite hot in the summer. But I would rather be warm than get banged up/road rash. I am not sure how much these would cost in the US, but it would be less than what I paid. I forgot to mention that waist is very true to size, so if you are a 32, get a 32...they will fit perfect!!
GP Bikes ships internationally. You might be better off ordering from them because of the exchange rate (good for you, bad for the ppl north of the border).
Click link below:
http://gpbikes.com/resurgence-gear-pekev-jeans.html

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
They look good. Happy to see that you like them. I went through a few pricey pairs before I found the KNOX Richmond Kevlar Riding Jeans. Super happy with them. They fit great and the knee armor can be removed without taking them off. They're perfect for commuting to work and look good enough in the office that people cannot tell I'm wearing anything other than a nice pair of jeans.
I just need a few more pairs of them now. ($$$)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look good. Happy to see that you like them. I went through a few pricey pairs before I found the KNOX Richmond Kevlar Riding Jeans. Super happy with them. They fit great and the knee armor can be removed without taking them off. They're perfect for commuting to work and look good enough in the office that people cannot tell I'm wearing anything other than a nice pair of jeans.
I just need a few more pairs of them now. ($$$)
Yes I am super happy!! I have only heard good things about the KNOX jeans, but the store I go to doesn't carry them, and I'm always nervous to purchase Pants/Jackets/Gloves online before trying them on. Would you get another pair of the KNOX jeans?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I as well have these (Resurgence) jeans, and they were one of my first purchases, even before the R3 itself, back in the spring of 2016.
Further to what rogal88 has said about them, they are fully lined whereas the Dainese, Joe Rocket, etc. only have minimal lining. I'd rather go down in something fully lined than hoping, during a crash scenario, that I'm going to land on the correct part of my ass.
They're warm enough but never felt hot all season - truly spring/summer/fall riding here in Ontario. They have more armor than the others, and enough stretch to be comfy all day. They've washed well as well and still look like new. Whatever PEKEV is, it's great. They didn't seem fully aware of what they were when I bought them at GP Bikes - they wanted to sell the more known names, for sure, but when he clued in they come with armor he did a double take at them. Mine came with knox armour, not D30, but it's comfy and sits secure.
Just wanted to throw my two-cents into the ring and second what rogal88 has covered, as I'm on my 2nd year with them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
HA! My Dainese Evo's came to $350 and I bought them a size too small a few months ago. Lost a ton of weight for the ladies so now that fit, but I wish I would have known about these resurgence jeans.

·
Super Moderator
1,562 Posts
Yes I am super happy!! I have only heard good things about the KNOX jeans, but the store I go to doesn't carry them, and I'm always nervous to purchase Pants/Jackets/Gloves online before trying them on. Would you get another pair of the KNOX jeans?
I wouldn't (and won't) hesitate when I can afford a few more pairs.
I was worried about ordering them as well without trying them first but knew STG offered free return shipping if I didn't like them. I ordered what I would wear in a pair of Levi's and the fit was spot on.
Wouldn't mind more of a boot cut at the ankle but super happy with them overall

·
Premium Member
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey thanks for posting about these jeans. I have the Draggin Jeans right now but they don't have the same CE rating for the denim as they are relying upon being Kevlar lined. I may have to swing by GP Bikes and try a pair on. Which ones did you get?

Also, the link for the pants on GP Bikes site has changed:

http://gpbikes.com/street/riding-gear/pants-chaps/shopby/brand-resurgence_gear.html
I got the straight cut black jeans. They have some faded lines on the thighs which look nice.
UPDATE...After a couple rides the jeans have stretched out a bit. They do not feel as tight as before, but the armor still stays in place real nice. I got the "Resurgence gear pekev jeans" in black. It is the one that has 4.5 stars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There appears to be two websites...a .NET and .COM domain extensions. The .NET seems to be more poorly designed and has UK distributors listed. I wonder if they're the same?

rogal88- I"m thinking of picking up a pair but not sure what the inseam length is. I want to ensure if they are true to size and if I'm on the bike, there won't be any exposed ankle.

I''m typically 30/30 in normal jeans

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There appears to be two websites...a .NET and .COM domain extensions. The .NET seems to be more poorly designed and has UK distributors listed. I wonder if they're the same?

rogal88- I"m thinking of picking up a pair but not sure what the inseam length is. I want to ensure if they are true to size and if I'm on the bike, there won't be any exposed ankle.

I''m typically 30/30 in normal jeans
My jean size is 32/30. The waist and length run very true to size. I can't tell you if the jeans are going to ride up or not as I always have them tucked into my boots when I ride. But from previous experience with 32/30 jeans my ankle would be exposed sometimes when the jeans would ride up in my crotch. I'd come to a stop and pull them down LOL!
If you want to play it safe get the 32 length and you can always get them hemmed for a $10 or so.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I saw someone mention KNox. THese are badass jeans. On top of the Kordura material, they have full lining kevlar! And they're going for a $100 right now at sportbiketrackgear.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts