Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Updated 29 Jan 17

This seems to be a relatively new site given the age of the bike. I thought it might be useful to have a feel for the riding population. If you are will to pass on this information, i will keep the pic current...

As we make suspension, braking, or drivetrain mods, it would be interesting to see where the collective cluster(s) is (are).

Jerry
weight without gear: 180 lbs
height: 71 in

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's the graph going to do? Either way, I'm 71" and 144 lbs naked.
We start to see where the riders are clustered. You are in row F, column 12, or F12. For suspension tuning, you would be interested in other E, F or G riders as they are close to you in weight.

I would be a M12, so jbk at 70", 180 lbs would be a M11 rider. We would be interested in how we are setting up our bikes especially if we are track riding or both just street riders as we are both M's.

You may post as a F12, but I might only be interested in what components you select and why, but not how you are tuning your particular setup as you are F and I am a M rider.

As more riders join in, you will see a pattern to the group. Make sense? Thanks for being first

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
We start to see where the riders are clustered. You are in row F, column 12, or F12. For suspension tuning, you would be interested in other E, F or G riders as they are close to you in weight.

I would be a M12, so jbk at 70", 180 lbs would be a M11 rider. We would be interested in how we are setting up our bikes especially if we are track riding or both just street riders as we are both M's.

You may post as a F12, but I might only be interested in what components you select and why, but not how you are tuning your particular setup as you are F and I am a M rider.

As more riders join in, you will see a pattern to the group. Make sense? Thanks for being first
for Ohlins springs, my "bracket" covers the 60-70 kg range, so that's something to keep in mind for anyone who goes with the Nix-22s. This will vary with brand obviously, so it's not going to be as easy as just " E, F or G riders".

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for Ohlins springs, my "bracket" covers the 60-70 kg range, so that's something to keep in mind for anyone who goes with the Nix-22s. This will vary with brand obviously, so it's not going to be as easy as just " E, F or G riders".
Actually, the tuning range is really wide. Your spring range suggests a range, but it can be wider depending on how a rider prefers their damping.

The point of collecting a "heat map" of our riding population is so like riders can share there experiences and advance the knowledge base quicker.

No weight/height from you?

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Actually, the tuning range is really wide. Your spring range suggests a range, but it can be wider depending on how a rider prefers their damping.

The point of collecting a "heat map" of our riding population is so like riders can share there experiences and advance the knowledge base quicker.

No weight/height from you?
I posted my weight/height in the first post. Also, I thought damping was a function controlled by calving and not springs?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts