·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Riders

Scammers are : Forum Member - Jessica 21
Alledged Seller : Adalberta Nieves
[email protected]

Please be alert. As a newbie on the site i posted an add - Wanted/Looking to buy OEM parts for my R3 (It is a long list).
I received a private message from Forum User - Jessica 21 advising me to contact [email protected], as he has parts for sale.

Believing that this was i good lead, i emailed Adalberta Nieves. I emailed him asking him what parts he has available and sent him the list off all the parts i am looking to buy.
Oddly he had every single part i needed, which felt a bit strange but Ok. I proceeded to ask for photos of the parts. He sent me a photo of his bike, which when i reversed google searched it. I got a hit an another site belonging to someone who lives in New Zealand and was posted 3years ago. Also the price he gave me for the parts was too good to be true !!

This raising red flags i advised i would only send money through PayPal.
Adalberta Nievesasked responded and asked if would send the PayPal payment as "friends and family"

With all all the alarm bells ringing now i simply replied back to him.
No, unfortunately not as i will need a invoice. As well as the buyer protection.
Additionally I will need your info your name contact # address on the invoice.

Since this he has gone silent !!!!!

Riders PLEASE PROTECT YOURSELF !!!!!

If anyone wants the screenshots i will be happy to post them.
(I would appreciate it if someone will send me the link how to upload images to the Forum)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You've got to be careful of those New Zealanders..
Lol Sorry i did not intend to call out New Zealanders. The red flag was the seller claimed to be in USA with the bike.

The ONLY thing i will call you New Zealenders out on is that the Springboks Rugby is still better than the Kiwi's 😁

·
Super Moderator
1,267 Posts
This has been happening on the more expensive bike forums for a while with much more expensive parts. Finally, the scammers have arrived here.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WOW.
A Forum that takes action. The Scammer Forum Member - Jessica 21 HAS BEEN BANNED

I just want to follow up with all the members on the forum and say i am VERY IMPRESSED !!!!!
The Moderators are really on top of things here trying to build a GREAT SITE !!!!.

KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT WORK MODERATORS !!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts