Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who use Riding shoes/boots is it normal that they give a diff. Feel on brake pedal? Compare if I use a sneakers I can control/moderately apply rear brake but with stiff soles it mess up my sense I can't actually feel the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
346 Posts
Yes of course it's normal! I wear TCX-S Speed boots - these are race boots and I still have enough feedback to tell me whats going on. I take it when you say it "messes you up" I"m guessing it means you over-apply brake? Probably normal if you're just now getting used to boots.

Conversely I hate using sneakers because I feel naked on the bike, did a function check one night without gear (just up and down the street) and I didn't feel I was as smooth as normal. Just give it time you'll get used to it and be careful on foot placement, use the tips of your toes on the rear brake it will help you give it less pressure.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Dedicated riding boots/shoes does enhance the shifting experience You will go through a period of adjustment after which it will become second nature.
I'm using a TCX X-Cube, and it's awesome, totally love it!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Very different wearing anynkindnof shoes really. Sometimes I don't have time to change out of my work boots and have to ride the bike in them. You just get used to the change.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks I thought I bought something I regret and was about to return the boots will try to get used to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dedicated riding boots/shoes does enhance the shifting experience You will go through a period of adjustment after which it will become second nature.
I'm using a TCX X-Cube, and it's awesome, totally love it!
Hey there I grabbed some Sidi vertigo's, but It feels like a can't get under the shift pedal. Do you think I should get a longer sifter pedal or just keep trying?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey there I grabbed some Sidi vertigo's, but It feels like a can't get under the shift pedal. Do you think I should get a longer sifter pedal or just keep trying?
Take a look at this link:
I will take a look at my bike tonight and see if adjusting the shift lever is the same as this. From what I recall, our shift pedal set up is almost identical. Although the title states "Moto GP Style", it shouldn't make a difference. Still the same concept.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Take a look at this link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GmtA9w_57Q
I will take a look at my bike tonight and see if adjusting the shift lever is the same as this. From what I recall, our shift pedal set up is almost identical. Although the title states "Moto GP Style", it shouldn't make a difference. Still the same concept.
Thanks! I was thinking that it was the length of the sifter pedal itself that was the problem (big feet). So I was thinking of buying an aftermarket one that someone else suggested on here. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CNC-Aluminum...a-YZF-R3-2015-YZF-R25-2014-2015-/121837714593

But you you may have just showed me a quick fix. I'll be sure to try it first

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Thanks! I was thinking that it was the length of the sifter pedal itself that was the problem (big feet). So I was thinking of buying an aftermarket one that someone else suggested on here. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/CNC-Aluminum...a-YZF-R3-2015-YZF-R25-2014-2015-/121837714593

But you you may have just showed me a quick fix. I'll be sure to try it first
Yeah, I wouldn't do that.

The problem you are describing is that you find it difficult to get your foot comfortably beneath the shift lever. Adjusting the length of that rod will do absolutely nothing but jank up how smoothly your bike shifts. That adjustment is to ensure a 90 angle between the shift rod and the knuckle. It has absolutely nothing to do with length of lever from the foot peg.

I have a size 12 foot and I have no problem at all getting my foot under the shift peg. Just ride the bike and get used to the ergos. It won't take long at all. Certainly ride it before throwing a bunch of bits and pieces on to fix a problem that may not even exist.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm with AesonVirus on that one. Make minor adjustments to your current setup before getting new stuff that may not resolve the issue.
I'm getting more comfortable with my boot every time i go out riding, the shifts are even getting smoother :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
It took me a couple rides before I got used to wearing boots. Very awkward at first. I found the strange part was less ankle movement while shifting gears. You'll get the hang of it!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I find the same sort of thing happens with the clutch when shifting from summer to winter gloves. There's a slight period of adjustment before everything becomes smooth. That's normal and is down to muscle memory.

In a week or two you won't even notice the new boots anymore.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts