Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm drawing up the new heal guards but I also wanted to make some adapter plates to move the stock rearsets up and back for aggressive riding, and also allow the stock setup to be run either standard or GP shift. Here's a screen shot of the left side adapter plate. The stock rearset will just bolt up to these, and there's 9 different locations to choose from. I'll try to prototype these this week. Anyone else interested in these?

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What do you guys think of this to replace the stock heal guards? I will fine tune it, this is just a quick sketch, but how do you like the shape and look?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks good, wish you had done these two months ago, as I already have rearsets. I did propose these exact ideas to TST Industries. Good for you for being pro-active!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I like the second heel guard as well, I was trying to find black ones cuz the stock ones look so bulky and out of place. Keep us posted! :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Definitely interested Jesse, I like the second one. I could really use these to setup my rearset for GP shifting and not have to go out and buy new ones. Yes, I hate those factory heel plates too.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Jesse, on the adapter plate, what's the offset difference from stock and its range of adjustment?

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The adjustment is 50mm, 65mm, or 80mm back, and 85mm, 100mm, or 125mm up.

I'll draw up a quick heal plate that is more rounded and see if you all prefer the chiseled or rounded style.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When you say it can be moved back that means more room from foot peg to the actual shift lever? Not sure if I'm asking the right question. However, these look cool and I'm interested.

·
Registered
717 Posts
No, your shift lever will still be attached to the peg assembly, remaining the same distance from it. His adapter plate will move the whole assembly upward/ rearward.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Digging the 2nd one.

·
r3-forums.com Vendor
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Made a quick prototype today to test fit everything, worked out pretty well, I'll make some small adjustments and these will be available soon!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Made a quick prototype today to test fit everything, worked out pretty well, I'll make some small adjustments and these will be available soon!

Let's talk price so we can budget for these. I'll take a set, maybe 2 :)
Prefer anodized black. Thanx for moving quick on this, Jesse!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts