Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of exhuast this is and where I can purchase this. Sounds like what im looking for. Just cant find a desciption or brand of this type of exhaust. Watch the youtube video below please

http://youtu.be/LV4emO3UJxE

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
346 Posts
Does anyone know what type of exhuast this is and where I can purchase this. Sounds like what im looking for. Just cant find a desciption or brand of this type of exhaust. Watch the youtube video below please

http://youtu.be/LV4emO3UJxE

Thanks in advance
Keep in mind, you will NOT get this sound with purely the slip on. That video is either a full-exhaust or a slip-on + removal of stock headers/cat (like the M4 StreetSlayer). A traditional slip on is not going to give you this sound, so please realize that before you spend a couple hundred on an exhaust.

Would you need a tune for this? Or is it safe as Plug N Play, i know with a tune you get more out of it.
A lot of people say you don't need a tune. Personally I think that seems very unlikely. I don't see how you could do a full exhaust swap and not need a ramp. Even the M4 sees some performance issues without a tune.

inb4 someone asks for a source, there a million threads on this.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From my understanding, You would absolutely need a new tune for this. This full system is 2 inch diameter through out the header midpipe and can.

Will it run without a tune? Probably, but it will run badly with poor performance and possibly cause mechanical problems down the road.

The stock system is... 1.5" in diameter? The question wonder is if upping to a 2inch straight pipe with PCV and auto tune will be an increase or decrease in performance on a 320cc engine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
From my understanding, You would absolutely need a new tune for this. This full system is 2 inch diameter through out the header midpipe and can.

Will it run without a tune? Probably, but it will run badly with poor performance and possibly cause mechanical problems down the road.

The stock system is... 1.5" in diameter? The question wonder is if upping to a 2inch straight pipe with PCV and auto tune will be an increase or decrease in performance on a 320cc engine.

Thanks for the input, was planning to get the Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel with the auto tune o2 sensor, so A/F ratio isnt thrown off. Would this be beneficial?

·
Registered
196 Posts

Thanks for the input, was planning to get the Dynojet Power Commander V Fuel with the auto tune o2 sensor, so A/F ratio isnt thrown off. Would this be beneficial?
Yes, that will keep your bike in healthy shape. It's the proper way to go!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts