Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Had some of the best riding days I've ever had this weekend and the R3 was absolutely the best tool for the job. Friends on both a Street Triple and a Speed Triple couldn't even keep up. I ran away from them.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Haha, definitely my favorite part of this bike is the idea that it's slow. I've dropped quite a few superbikes when things got twisty.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, definitely my favorite part of this bike is the idea that it's slow. I've dropped quite a few superbikes when things got twisty.
I hate how almost every review mentions that the r3 is a great bike for a "beginner" and by implication only a beginner can appreciate the r3. I've been riding for 31 years. To date, the r3 is my favorite bike, bar none. I sold a ZRX1200r to buy it. Some how the American perception is that bigger is better. Bigger is bigger and depending on the application, it could be better or worse. For the twistie roads I enjoy most, the r3 is hands down the better tool for the job. A large SUV may be bigger, have more horsepower but if you are looking for a light and nimble Miata, you aren't looking for a large SUV. A large SUV, isn't an upgrade, it's a different vehicle for a different job. I love my r3.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been riding many years and this was my first. Don't wait!! It's so much fun!!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
weather has been good.. planning one doing one of the sisters today up to bent rim and back to bandera.. cant wait to see how the r3 does out there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts