Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi afazakas, Care to share more pictures, and also the location you get the bracket to mount the pannier? There were some discussion about having pannier for R3 but we did not manage to draw a conclusion to the discussion, and it's really great we have someone we exactly what we like to have on our R3, on this forum :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well so far i have the yamaha rear rack from austrailia. the top case is a kappa monolock and the sides are a set of k22n monokey. Side brackets are for a 2008 fz6. once i have the position and fab work done i will post more pictures.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well so far i have the yamaha rear rack from austrailia. the top case is a kappa monolock and the sides are a set of k22n monokey. Side brackets are for a 2008 fz6. once i have the position and fab work done i will post more pictures.
Yes please! would love to see more pics on how you mount the brackets on. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4 Posts
U know u can get a piece for ur passangerseat, where u can have a topbox and side bags on.
motomachines.com/Hepco-Becker-Sportrack-for-Yamaha-YZF-R3_p_5306.html

·
Registered
103 Posts
Firstly, thankyou Afazakas for taking the time to post up a little How-to for how you got your givi boxes mounted.
I have a few questions though, Is that the luggage rack from Yamaha? How are the givi boxes mounted on there? I see you have an adaptor plate for the boxes, would we be able to see a few photos of the bike with the mounts but WITHOUT the boxes on? And where and what mounts did you get?
How did you get the luggage rack mounted on? Is it just drilled and bolted into the fairing? Or is it secured onto the frame of the bike? Is there any play in the mount? Or is it very rigid? I will be going to my local dealer to have a look at the boxes over the next few days. Cheers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Firstly, thankyou Afazakas for taking the time to post up a little How-to for how you got your givi boxes mounted.
I have a few questions though, Is that the luggage rack from Yamaha? How are the givi boxes mounted on there? I see you have an adaptor plate for the boxes, would we be able to see a few photos of the bike with the mounts but WITHOUT the boxes on? And where and what mounts did you get?
How did you get the luggage rack mounted on? Is it just drilled and bolted into the fairing? Or is it secured onto the frame of the bike? Is there any play in the mount? Or is it very rigid? I will be going to my local dealer to have a look at the boxes over the next few days. Cheers.
That rack is from yamaha and uses bolts and brackets that are directly mounted to the frame. Then there is 2 holes required in the fairing. i am going to purchase 2 new ones as they are cheap to buy in the event i decide to remove the rack.The rear top case is mounted to the reack with a universal plate. The side mounts are from kappa and are the kl series brackets for the FZ6. They attach to the rear foot pegs and to the 2 small brackets that i have welded to the yamaha rack. i still have a few finishing touches to do on that part. in all there is only 2 holes drilled and 2 small angle brackets welded. i will post more pics once i have completed the final build and paint.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That rack is from yamaha and uses bolts and brackets that are directly mounted to the frame. Then there is 2 holes required in the fairing. i am going to purchase 2 new ones as they are cheap to buy in the event i decide to remove the rack.The rear top case is mounted to the reack with a universal plate. The side mounts are from kappa and are the kl series brackets for the FZ6. They attach to the rear foot pegs and to the 2 small brackets that i have welded to the yamaha rack. i still have a few finishing touches to do on that part. in all there is only 2 holes drilled and 2 small angle brackets welded. i will post more pics once i have completed the final build and paint.
Are you talking about the middle case where the rack is is mounted with the universal plate?

Are the givi boxes and kappa mounts compatible?
So with the tabs that you have modified to weld the two together, was that angle that you welded to it and what size?

Did you get any of these items online? If so, where abouts did you get them?
Also, do you have a product number for the FZ6 kappa mounts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KL650 is the model of the FZ6 side brackets used. Givi and Kappa boxes are basically the same. The piece of angle is 1" x 1" x 1/8 and is 1 1/2" long. i bought them from a local distributer in canada. The universal plate is for the middle case and it is the monolock plate. Sides are monokey. More pictures soon to follow.

·
Registered
103 Posts
KL650 is the model of the FZ6 side brackets used. Givi and Kappa boxes are basically the same. The piece of angle is 1" x 1" x 1/8 and is 1 1/2" long. i bought them from a local distributer in canada. The universal plate is for the middle case and it is the monolock plate. Sides are monokey. More pictures soon to follow.
Do you have a link to a website of where you got the mounts from? I'm having trouble find them? Or did you buy them in store?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts