Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering where did this piece come from? I took the fairings off, and when I put it back together, this piece fell out when i moved the bike. not sure where it came from. Anyone know? thanks. (how many posts do I need until I can tag an image?)

Attachments

·
Registered
761 Posts
It goes to your fairings. Take them back off. Look for a part of the fairing that looks like a "little penis", or a stem with a slightly larger head. It will go into that grommet. Just put the grommet back into the hole on the frame where it is missing and then the fairing stem will sort of pop back inside the grommet.

The grommet in your hand may be the one from your tank (shown as number 35 below).

·
Registered
196 Posts
It goes to your fairings. Take them back off. Look for a part of the fairing that looks like a "little penis", or a stem with a slightly larger head. It will go into that grommet. Just put the grommet back into the hole on the frame where it is missing and then the fairing will sort of pop back inside the grommet.
Haha beautiful. There are several fairing pieces that use the exact same rubber grommet to snap into. The piece that kept pulling grommets off for me was the gas tank. Lost one of those suckers, I think my bike ate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts