Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First bike I have no idea how tire sizes work, looking for the correct size to purchase for stock rims.

my stock tires popped today, 4.3k miles on it and need to buy a new rear tire because the tread is low. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I hear some people using 160 on the rear, just wondering what more recommended
I’ve tried a combo of 120/150, 110/140 and 110/150. All these were for track use.

going bigger definitely slows down turn in. If you go to the R3 trackday and racing group, folks are using all of the above with great results. For me, the extra tire isn’t required for thr street. You’ll have enormous portions of unused rubber, which slows down turn in, slows down acceleration (not sure how much you’d feel on a street bike) and extra cost, so not worth it for me.
for the track, i think I like 110/140 the best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve tried a combo of 120/150, 110/140 and 110/150. All these were for track use.

going bigger definitely slows down turn in. If you go to the R3 trackday and racing group, folks are using all of the above with great results. For me, the extra tire isn’t required for thr street. You’ll have enormous portions of unused rubber, which slows down turn in, slows down acceleration (not sure how much you’d feel on a street bike) and extra cost, so not worth it for me.
for the track, i think I like 110/140 the best.
Awesome thank you, just bought it 👍🏽

1 - 5 of 5 Posts