Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased and/or tested the Saddlemen GP-V1 Seat? I'm considering getting one, because why wouldn't I want my backside being more comfy? Just curious to see if it's worth the $200 price tag or not. Thanks!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Been looking at them too.
I know they have 2. A stock height one and a low-cut one, ??????

·
Registered
732 Posts
I bought one last august, more comfortable than the original, I am happy with it.
Me too. Don't skimp on your noggin or your butt I say. The stock one isn't horrid, but the Saddlemen is awesome. The gel is nice in the middle and it is a lot stickier, and aesthetically and physically, it is a lot beefier and more robust. I think you'll notice it more on long trips or commutes. If you're a commuter, I'd definitely recommend it. If you don't want to shell out the loot, you can buy the Saddlemen gel pad, and mod it in yourself into your stock seat for about $40. I already get dead arm from riding no mater what I do, but I no longer get "numb ass.":D

·
Registered
545 Posts
Tall one in person looks like it has too much material on the sides. In spirited riding that is not going to work. Commuters could use it. I would go with the low one for sure.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I use my bike primarily for commuting to and from work, but I'm afraid it's TOO big and beefy. I'd still like to be able to feel like I can "Become one with the bike." If I wanted to sit on a couch, I'd have gotten a cruiser; HOWEVER, I do like to have a comfy bum. Haha. Which ones do you guys own? Standard or low?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased one (low cut) and put it on my bike this week. I haven't gotten to ride as it's not that pleasant in MA right now but I did sit on it. I could immediately tell the difference. Usually my bony butt makes a mark in the foam. I'll be taking the bike out for the first ride this year later this week and I'll know how it does.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I purchased one (low cut) and put it on my bike this week. I haven't gotten to ride as it's not that pleasant in MA right now but I did sit on it. I could immediately tell the difference. Usually my bony butt makes a mark in the foam. I'll be taking the bike out for the first ride this year later this week and I'll know how it does.
Please let me know. I'm in Upstate NY, and it's gonna be toasty this week/end. I'd be interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Alright so Thursday was beautiful and I managed to go out for a ride. Seat is firm but I suspect that it's just due to needing to break it in. It's (duh) lower than the stock seat. I feel like it goes lower near the tank. Rear does seem a bit higher but again might be because of the forward dip. I can now flat-foot the bike. I'm not quite sure what to say since I don't review things. Pillion seat cover is almost impossible to work with out of the box. It may look too small but I was talking with people and I had the seat and cover in my hands and I was just stretching it over and over and it fits nicely now. What would you like to know?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm more or less concerned about the overall comfort of the seat. So, I think you covered most of it. I was concerned that either the "Low Profile" seat would be too aggressive and I'd hate the angle, or the standard height seat would be too bulky and make me feel like I'm sitting upright on a couch.

As I know the weather around here sucks again, but let me know after you ride on it for awhile if you think it was a worthwhile purchase! I appreciate you responding. Enjoy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts